Software Engineering Manager, APAC Air Supply at Hopper
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:00 p.m. (EST) on Wednesday, August 18, 2021
• University degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Mathematics or Statistics
• Experience building and operating large scale information systems with high performance and throughput
• Experience growing and leading multiple engineering teams
• Experience gathering business requirements, formulating metrics and building reports
• Understanding of data architecture, access patterns, relational / non-relational database concepts, data modeling and application implementations
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English
• Backend development experience with at least one of Go, Scala, Java and Python
• Experience with AWS or Google Cloud Platform
• Experience in the air travel domain
• Experience with growing and scaling international and globe spanning teams
• Written and spoken communication in Hindi and/or Mandarin
About the Job
We’re looking for an engineering leader to join our Air Supply - APAC team to design, scale and operate our APAC specific air supplier connectivity platform and integrations, providing Hopper customers the lowest prices for their flights. You’ll work with a highly skilled team of technical, data and product-focused individuals, whose mission is to consistently find and deliver the best travel deals for our customers.
We are looking for a leader experienced in building and working with fast-growing teams, with a focus on fast time to market and operational excellence.
You have strong software, data modeling and analytical skills. Everything we do is focused on customer experience, data measurement and delivering value at speed. You’ll be the technical leader responsible for making that a reality and lead the group making that happen.
- Collaborate closely with a fast-growing team of business stakeholder and product leaders
- Design and develop scalable supplier integration solutions to ensure Hopper delivers the most robust and price competitive flight inventory to our millions of customers.
- Lead the team responsible for building our APAC specific supply platforms, partner integrations, and tools that make our marketplace more competitive and more efficient for our customers.
- Ensure a highly available and resilient system and foster a culture of operational excellence
- Coach individual contributors and grow them as leaders and technologists.
- Take an active role in organizational design, recruitment and process improvements.
- Be a trusted advisor to our technology leadership and your peers
- Champion the Hopper Leadership Principles
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer-paid telemedicine, medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k
Read Full Job Description