Employer: Formlabs, Inc., 35 Medford Street, Ste. 301, Somerville, MA 02143
Work site: 35 Medford Street, Ste. 301, Somerville, MA 02143
Job Title: Software Engineer
Job Duties: Utilize programmer experience with C++ and Python for support structure algorithm design and improve existing and develop new 3D printing algorithms (part layout, part orientation, 3D support structures, 3D mesh manipulation and repair). Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and costs restraints. Architect applications and integrate new features into a large, complex code base. Improve toolpath generation (move lasers and motors) by analyzing the performance measurements of 3D geometry algorithms. Confer with engineers, programmers and others to design systems and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces. Evaluate third-party geometry software libraries.
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Two (2) years of work experience with exposure to 3D geometry with a focus on CAM Toolpath generation, CAD/CAM application development, differential geometry.
- Two (2) years of experience in commercial software development using C++17 (ISO/IEC 14882:2017), Python3 and Python 2.
- Two (2) years of experience in Parasolid Geometric
- Modeling Kernel for CAD/CAM software development.
- Two (2) years of experience working with CAM 3D-toolpath algorithms.
Susan Coughlin, Senior HR Generalist
35 Medford St.
Somerville, MA 02143
Read Full Job Description