Software Engineer at Formlabs
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring ground-breaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Develop and maintain Formlabs technical platform. Oversee the transition of products from polished R&D concepts into robust products. Ensure that new products under development are efficiently leveraging Formlabs technical assets. Oversee system design and write functional specifications for new products. Characterize new technologies and evaluate their compatibility with new products. Define algorithms and system behaviors for product features that lie outside the scope of single engineering design teams. Manage large-scale change projects
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science, Computer Engineer, Electrical Engineering, Electronics or a directly related field plus one (1) years of technical experience in electromechanical design.
- Experience must include: One year of the following (experience may be gained concurrently):
- Working with 3D printers, CNC machines, and laser cutters;
- Experience with micro-controllers, system-on-module computer systems, and motion control systems;
- Integrated development environments;
- Working in Linux environment;
- Utilizing measurement equipment, including logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, and probes;
- Utilizing lasers and laser optics, precision galvanometers, and computer vision;
- Working in rapid prototyping and digital fabrication field;
- Testing new hardware and software features;
- Developing and running system tests on hardware prototypes and describing measurements and fixtures they have used and/or
- Hands-on debugging, assembly, and calibration of complex electromechanical systems;
- Working with electromechanical consumer products, including testing and debugging tools such as test fixtures and
- Take readings from circuit boards with oscilloscopes;
- Using serial line analyzers to monitor low-level output from new electronics in testing;
- Developing and running system tests on hardware prototypes and describing measurements and fixtures;
- Setting up test scenarios.
- Six (6) months of the following (experience may be gained concurrently):
- Working with computer aided design software.
- Flexible vacation
- Premium healthcare coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.