Software Engineer at Vistaprint
Are you passionate about software development and want to be part of our growing Manufacturing Integration development team? Then, read more....
The Software Engineer will be a member of a business-value focused team that partners with Vistaprint’s manufacturing groups to launch new products and transition them to our core product lines. The team develops and maintains the tools, technologies, and processes that allow Vistaprint to rapidly launch new products and integrate with new printing technologies. This is a cross-functional team working on technologies that interact with nearly all aspects of our fulfillment technologies. You will have the opportunity to directly work with business owners and engineers around the world in the United States, Canada, Spain, the Netherlands, Australia, and India on a core part of Vistaprint’s revenue generation.
You will be implementing software systems and frameworks that enable our global software engineering organization to meet the challenges of a rapidly growing catalog of products and an expanding global network of highly automated manufacturing facilities. The ability to work well both independently and as a member of a team is a must.
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Be a key member of an innovative and growing team that works on complex software in a fast-paced environment
- Leverage communication skills working with both internal clients and external partners to help create and execute on technology roadmaps
To be successful, you will need:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 1-3 years of experience with Object-oriented programming, service-oriented multi-tier application architectures, and the model-view-controller design pattern.
- Database programming with SQL (Microsoft SQL Server is a plus) required
- Hands-on experience with more than one programming language
- Multitasking ability in a fast-paced environment
- Technical leadership experience
- Work experience with Microsoft .Net development (C#, .Net 4.5 or later, or .Net Core preferred)
Personal qualities that make you thrive:
- A passion for understanding how complicated systems work and how things are made
- Strong initiative; autonomous and detail-oriented
- Team player, desire to work in a strong team
- Passion for coding, hands-on development