Software Engineer at edX
edX is an open source educational software startup venture between MIT and Harvard. We are adding full stack software engineers to join a team responsible for building the world's leading learning destination site and platform. Our platform allows millions of learners around the world the opportunity to access education across a variety of different subjects.
The engineering team at edX is seeking a software engineer to join a team that is responsible for scaling and building out a new website for our learners. Your work will help learners around the world find and succeed in courses on edX, helping them achieve their goals.
- Design, develop, deploy, and support scalable software systems
- Collaborate with Product Management, UX, and Data Science to understand business problems and identify solutions
- Provide mentorship to team members and assist with feedback on code reviews
- Build and maintain operationally viable solutions throughout the software life cycle
- Commit to owning your code and supporting the customer facing environment
- Lead team members on independent project initiatives
- Promote teamwork, research cutting edge technology, and support a vibrant innovative work atmosphere
Qualifications & Skills:
- 2+ years of full-stack coding experience
- Ability to problem solve, drive projects with loosely defined requirements, communicate with stakeholders, and learn from both success and failure.
- Ability to share your knowledge with team members through mentoring, code reviews, pair programming, presentations, etc.
Nice to Have:
- Experience working with Python and Django
- Experience building static websites (we use Gatsby and GraphQL).
- Experience working in an agile development environment.
- Experience with Optimizely or similar A/B testing tools.
- Familiarity with experiment design and evaluation.
- Working knowledge of SEO.
- Experience with accessibility best practices and compliant front-end development standards.
- Familiarity with open source frameworks.
- An interest in enabling and integrating open source contributions.
- BS in Computer Science or related experience.
edX is an MIT startup company that offers highly competitive benefits and retirement plans, a pension program, free lunches every day, and meaningful work! Are you ready to be a part of our Mission?
Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.