About the Job:
How does a state minimize fatalities from tornados? How does a company minimize employee risk in the face of a global bomb threat? How does a health system communicate in real time, while at scale? At Everbridge you'll be solving the communication challenges of a modern economy at tremendous scale.
We are looking for a collaborative developer to continue building our flagship SaaS-based platform. We run a Java/JS/Spring microservices stack and are working on building projects that are the foundation of the integration layer for our larger platform.
- Design and develop a robust and scalable integration service to integrate 3rd party tools, clients and data with various pieces of our core platform.
- Design and implement microservice architecture for our integration platform.
- Scrum team member and software leader that ensures the timely completion of projects with good quality.
- Work with fellow developers and along-side product management, customers and professional services to fully understand the requirements of the platform we are developing.
- Building and executing automation scripts.
- Work together with Dev, QA, Release Engineering, SasSOps to develop, test and deploy our software. You will be involved with all aspects of the SDLC..
- 5+ years of engineering experience with backend application development in Java or Scala using SpringBoot
- 5+ years of experience with developing and maintaining REST APIs
- Experience with UI development and frameworks (we use ReactJS)
- Highly organized with good written and verbal communication skills; ability to properly structure and explain technical information to stakeholders.
- Highly self-motivated and must be able to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
- 3+ years of experience working in an Agile environment
- 2+ years of experience building microservices
- 2+ years working in a cloud-based deployment environment is preferred (we use AWS)
- Basic knowledge of Python, to be used in writing automation and testing scripts
- Experience writing scalable multi-threaded Java applications
- White box, black box, smoke, regression, boundary, load, performance testing
Our team makes a difference during the most difficult times and challenging situations. Our people are dedicated to solving problems. Our software was built to save lives. Our unifying mission is to keep people safe and businesses running.
Headquartered in the great cities of Boston and Los Angeles, with operations across the world, our team of 750+ dedicated employees support more than 4,200 global customers every day in their most crucial moments. During public safety threats such as active shooter situations, terrorist attacks, or severe weather conditions—as well as during critical business like IT outages or cyber-attacks—customers rely on our SaaS-based platform to quickly and reliably aggregate and assess threat data, locate employees and first responders, automate a pre-defined communications processes, and track progress on those response plans.
Our culture is all about “Making a Difference,” and we are proud to serve
- 9 of the 10 largest U.S. cities
- 8 of the 10 largest U.S.-based investment banks
- 7 of the top 10 U.S. technology and telecom companies
- 25 of the 25 busiest North American airports
- 7 of the 10 largest U.S. healthcare systems
- 6 of the 10 largest U.S. retailers
As we continue to grow and transform the field of critical event management, we need passionate, committed individuals to help us carry out our mission. Click here to learn more about what we do. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, apply to be a part of our award-winning team.
Everbridge is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, or sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.