The Customer Experience Engineering team at Acquia is responsible for the Acquia Cloud UI and associated services, including authentication, profile management, entitlements, Acquia Uptime, and Acquia Insight.
The Software Engineer is a senior-level position that will be building applications, services, and APIs that support customer facing UIs. The successful candidate will be part of a small, distributed Agile team that values code reviews, testable code, and continuous delivery.
- Work in a highly collaborative environment with front end engineers, infrastructure engineers, and product management
- Develop performant, object-oriented applications and APIs using PHP
- Contribute to system architecture discussions, lead projects, mentor junior team members, and deliver high quality, tested code.
- Be a key member of the delivery team using Agile Scrum methodology
- 5+ years of experience with PHP (Show us your GitHub profile)
- 2+ years of experience with various AWS services (SQS, EC2, Lambda, CloudFormation, Kinesis)
- Experience with object-oriented programming and software design patterns
- Experience working in Agile and continuous delivery environments
- Experience with modern PHP development using Git, composer, and PHP standards (PSRs)
- Familiarity with MacOS
- Familiarity with Drupal, Symfony
- Familiarity with Domain-Driven Design and CQRS (Nice to have)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.