At Datadog, we’re on a mission to build the best monitoring platform in the world. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—and high availability, providing always-on alerting, visualization, and tracing for our customers' infrastructure and applications around the globe. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way. Join us to own significant chunks of our architecture, build systems at scale, and ship to production every day for customers who care deeply about what you build.
The Web Platform team builds performant, highly available services that power the web experience for Datadog’s products. They cover a broad spectrum of high-scale data pipelines, storage and query systems, APIs, and web application infrastructure.
- Building microservices in Python 3
- Deploy a new feature to production, progressively rolling it out with feature flags
- Investigate and fix a production issue from a service your team owns
- Design a way to scale up a service for more traffic
- With your team, plan the most important projects to work on next
- You have significant experience in one or more languages
- You value code simplicity and performance
- You can design architecture to solve problems at high scale
- You have a BS/MS/PhD in a scientific field or equivalent experience
- You want to work in a fast, high-growth startup environment that respects its engineers and customers
- You've worked at high scale with systems like Redis, Cassandra, Kafka
- You wrote your own data pipelines once or twice before
- You have significant experience with Go, C, or Python