Software Engineer in Test at Abacus Insights
Abacus allows healthcare companies to unlock the value of their data by removing the burden of maintaining and updating an enterprise data management platform. We provide a flexible, efficient, and secure platform that organizes and exchanges data from various sources and formats, allowing healthcare companies to uncover differentiated insights that address their customer’s needs.
You will work closely with our Product strategy team to develop and execute test plans and test automation, based on current product roadmap priorities. Other responsibilities would include:
· Document and share technical information and processes.
· Prepare estimates for assigned tasks and complete all work according to schedule and quality requirements.
· Provide ongoing feedback on status of deliverables.
· Acquire knowledge necessary to perform job assignments (technology, product and process).
· Collaborate with cross functional and cross organization teams on quality initiatives and techniques that promote the best software testing practices and automation tools.
· Ensure the test coverage and execution of Unit, Integration, Acceptance, System, Regression and UAT are met.
· Experience with security concepts and best practices to protect PHI and PII.
· Contribute to the quality engineering activities throughout every phase of the SDLC requirements, design, development and testing.
· Provide technical guidance to support project quality activities
· Evaluate and record the test results and log issues in a test management tool Monitor project progress and ensure timely deliveries.
· Review final deliverables to ensure they meet expected quality standards.
· Evaluate the efficiency of existing QA processes and recommend improvements.
· Collaborate with engineering on a multi-platform test automation framework by working with best of breed technologies, practices and tools.
· Knowledge of Continuous Integration / Continuous Build framework.
· Strong Test Cases Preparation and Automation Test Frameworks.
· Strong test processes, strategies and approaches.
You are passionate about verifying and improving the quality of code through both manual and automated testing, with a strong emphasis on automation and energized about working in a Start-up Organization building a cloud-native environment. Other qualifications will include:
· Familiarity with cloud platforms, especially AWS
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field, and/or equivalent work experience.
· 3+ years’ experience in a QA automation and/or software development role
· Good understanding of TDD execution and approach Automation Test framework tools, scripting experience using TestNg, Cucumber, Selenium, Java, Node.js, Python, Ruby, AngularJS, XML, API, JSON, JMeter is a plus.
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to apply these skills cooperatively in a collaborative, and sometimes distributed, team environment (i.e. Agile).
· Working knowledge of security issues, techniques, and implications across computer platforms.
· Experience analyzing large data sets
· Familiarity with healthcare and life sciences data
· Competitive pay and stock options
· Comprehensive health benefits for you and your family (health, dental, vision)
· Short and long-term disability, Life and AD&D insurance
· FSA/HSA accounts
· 401(k) retirement plan options
· Pre-tax commuter benefits
· Unlimited PTO, paid holidays and flex hours
· Casual dress and fun office atmosphere
· Twice monthly catered lunches
· Drinks and snacks stocked weekly
· Office locations conveniently located near public transportation in Charlestown, MA and New York