Software Engineer, Supply Chain at Chewy
Chewy is looking for a Software Engineer to join the Supply Chain Technology organization in Boston, MA. This engineer will help develop and execute the services and functions for their team, and thereby help Chewy to accelerate technological growth and reach new customers. This is a high visibility and high impact role with influence that cuts across all of Chewy’s technology organization. The supply chain technology organization develops micro-services and tools that enable, support, and optimize processes and practices for order fulfillment, and inbound and outbound logistics. This role includes the development of new systems, and orchestrating the migration existing systems into micro-services. Further, this engineer will collaborate across the engineering organization to create best practices help to map the overall ecosystem for Chewy's service architecture.
What You'll Do:
- Contribute to the design and development of cloud-based services that support the Supply Chain Technology Team's road-map
- Help your team to design code that is logical, maintainable, scalable, modular, monitor-able, highly available, secure, and performant
- Help your team to meet service-level SLAs and KPIs by design
- Be a full stake owner of service quality and operational excellence
- Help team to establish API contracts that are maintainable and meet customer use cases
- Establish and champion architectural standards best practices that enable automated test and continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD).
- Translate organizational level business requirements and use cases into infrastructure capabilities verified to meet the requirements.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders to implement org-wide best practices, data flows, reusable modules, and tooling.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years of software development in Java8 or similar
- Knowledge of Primary AWS Services and history of implementing AWS services
- Integration of cloud services with on-premises technologies
- Experience coding in higher level programming language, Python, Ruby, JSON, etc.
- Experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative and agile/scrum methodologies required
- Hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale or current hands on technology infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization experience
- Innovative and ability to think outside the box for creative problem solving
- Comfortable working in cross functional and multidisciplinary teams
- Excellent written and spoken communication
- Experience with OpenAPI, Swagger, or stoplight.io
- Experience migrating monolithic software applications to cloud-based services
- Leading highly-available and fault-tolerant enterprise and web-scale software deployments
- Experience with configuration and deployment management via Terraform or Ansible
- Infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting (E.g. shell, Python, Ruby, gradle)
- Experience in E-Commerce, supply chain, fulfillment, transportation or logistics
- Experience mentoring and coaching colleagues
- Machine Learning algorithm and model development
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected]