We love tackling tough engineering problems and look for Engineers who specialize in certain areas but are passionate about building, owning & scaling features end to end, from scratch, and breaking through any obstacle or technical challenge in their way.
We are looking for a Marketing Engineer that will bring deep technical expertise, creative problem solving, and ownership to Klaviyo’s marketing-side tech stack. You’ll contribute to and work with the small but mighty marketing engineering team and challenge what’s possible in a website experience.
Marketing Engineers are expected to bring to Klaviyo subject matter expertise and demonstrate adaptability by continuing to acquire and master new skills, level up all those around them, and research and prototype new technologies and solutions to help scale. You’ll contribute to and collaborate with other engineering teams across the organization.
How you will make a difference:
- Develop, scale, and maintain the Marketing site architecture, infrastructure, and tech stack.
- Craft and maintain Klaviyo.com. It’s your team’s product and you’ll own the code base, technical solutions, and structure that helps us scale, test, explore, innovate, and deliver a stellar on-site experience.
- Create and maintain the site UI, marketing tools, and content publishing workflows.
- Consider the needs of not only the users on the site but also our users in marketing who engage with the CMS daily - building and optimizing with both in mind.
- Work to create the reusable modules and components that enable site updates made by the marketing team.
- Research and develop unique and engaging content and marketing tools - like interactive ebooks, data visualizations, guides, and other custom interactive experiences for marketing campaigns.
- Work with the performance marketing team to create a structure that allows for testing, optimization, and accurate site metrics and reporting.
- Collaborate with digital designers to develop amazing site experiences.
- Engage across the organization with the various engineering teams to collaborate, explore, communicate challenges, learn, and share knowledge.
Who You Are:
- Passionate and humble - open to new ideas and constructive feedback.
- Comfortable building and scaling product and website experiences that matter and pushing yourself and your team to be better engineers.
- Confident developing/maintaining WordPress based templates/pages/architecture
- Eager to work with both new and existing technologies ranging from the frontend (vanilla JS & some React) to backend (PHP) and deployments (Jenkins, Pantheon). You show this by having strong and opinionated experience with various technologies and know-how to pick the right tool for any job.
- Comfortable using SCSS and modular JS systems and using a build system, such as Grunt/Gulp/Yarn.
- Regularly using APIs.
- Looking to think through the scale challenges of a website and supporting tooling of a company doubling the number of customers every year.
- Used to working with web analytics and SEO subject matter experts to measure performance.
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo does not tolerate and prohibits discrimination, harassment or retaliation of or against job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers or employees by another employee, supervisor, vendor, customer or any third party.