Software Engineer - Learner Team
EdX is an open-source learning destination with a mission to provide high quality education for everyone, everywhere. Founded by Harvard and the MIT, edX is focused on transforming online and on-campus learning through groundbreaking methodologies and cutting-edge research on an open-source platform.
EdX is looking for a Software Engineer to join our Learner Engineering team to help us change the face of education. You will work closely with product management and user experience (UX) teams to build elegant solutions that delight our users.
You’ll see the whole edX stack from modern frontend tooling like React and Sass to backend APIs, pipelines, and more written in Django and Python. You will help bring them all together to build software that is scalable, reliable, and easy to use. If you're excited about having an impact on a global community of learners with every commit - this is the opportunity for you!
Responsibilities:- Learn edX’s technology stack, participate in our Scrum process, and take advantage of our continuous integration process to ship code as soon as it’s done
- Establish strong working relationships with your cross-functional team by contributing throughout the agile process (stand ups, plannings, groomings, and retrospectives)
- Help the team deliver quality code through code reviews and design sessions.
- Write clean, quality, unit-tested code following best practices and openly incorporating team feedback.
- Demonstrate a “you build it, you run it” mindset of ownership
- Have some fun!
- Experience working in an agile development environment and distributed version control.
- Strong collaboration skills, ability to influence and evangelize ideas.
Sorry, visa sponsorship is not available.