At PathAI, we're applying Machine Learning, Computer Vision and AI in amazing ways to pathology, healthcare, and detecting cancer and other diseases. We're applying our work to drug development, the clinical space, and as a global health initiative. Since it's early days for us, there's a lot of work to do and a lot of great products to build, and we recognize that a great, polished, engaging experience is critical to the success of everything we aspire to do.
We're looking for skilled and experienced engineers to join our team and help lay the groundwork for our growing software platform. We believe in using the best tool for the job. While we’re always looking to improve, in this role, those tools currently include:
- Python - NumPy, CuPy, OpenCV
If you're the right candidate, you'll be exercising all the skills you have and building new ones along the way:
- Work closely with our imaging research teams to translate functional prototype and research code into production algorithms.
- Implement high performance computing implementations for image processing pipelines that require memory management, buffering, data pipelining, and efficient GPU execution.
- Develop custom software solutions, create multiple levels of documentation for software architecture.
- Drive and uphold high engineering standards, bringing consistency to the codebases you encounter and ensuring software is adequately reviewed, tested, and integrated.
- Mentor, learn, and share knowledge with others along the way.
Our employees come in all shapes and sizes, but to be successful in this role with us, you'll at least need:
- Excellent programming skills in C++, NumPy and OpenCV
- Experience with Linux development environment
- Experience implementing numerical algorithms
- Knowledge of CUDA a plus.
- At least 2-4 years of industry or equivalent experience in a graduate level academic environment
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. Your compensation is rounded out by a strong benefits package:
- Flexible work hours, with work-from-home options available
- Three weeks of paid leave per year, an additional two weeks of sick time, plus extended holidays and team-approved leave
- Ten days of 100% subsidized childcare per year
- Healthcare, vision, and dental insurance plans (HMO or PPO), with voluntary add-ons available for dependent care, life, and accident coverage
- Commuter benefit available for public transit or parking
Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll genuinely enjoy spending the day with.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.
PathAI does not accept unsolicited submissions from third-parties.
With the rise of employment phishing scams, especially during the current COVID-19 situation, we ask candidates to be extra vigilant. Be careful about providing any kind of personal information, such as location, age, or financial information to recruiters who may be impersonating PathAI employees. PathAI does not require payment for interviews or for applicants to purchase their own work supplies for reimbursement.