Software Engineer III at Chewy
Chewy is looking for a Senior Software Engineer for our Fulfillment Systems team in either Boston, MA or Seattle, WA. This individual will be responsible for helping team deliver and expand portfolio of critical Fulfillment Applications used by our internal users to help them manage the Fulfillment business effectively.
What you'll do:
Working with other technology teams, you and your team will design and build software systems that enable planning and tracking for work in progress in Chewy Fulfillment Centers, providing Leadership teams with automated systems for effective decision making. You’ll integrate with and extract from other critical Fulfillment, Supply Chain, and Business Intelligence systems. You will own entire life-cycle of product development while innovating and envisioning for long term technology. This is a terrific opportunity to join a thriving team to create large influence and have a significant role in its success. There is a tremendous opportunity to grow professionally and to be a part of a dynamic and successful team.
- Prototype and develop new software systems with web and cloud technologies.
- Design and develop distributed systems for cloud computing.
- Interact with the application stack to access and store information in a comprehensive Fulfillment ecosystem.
- Lead different tech teams and large project/product development while guiding junior team members with best practices.
- Work in an Agile development environment, collaborating with multiple cross functional teams.
- Experiment with new technologies to optimize benefit to the business.
What you'll need:
- 5+ year’s production experience working on modern software systems solving problems of scale and performance.
- Excellent customer service skills, including verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Proficiency in Computer Science fundamentals – object oriented design, data structures, algorithm - design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Have or (more importantly) be willing to learn deep domain knowledge in the area of fulfilment.
- Position may require travel
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics or Electrical Engineering.
- Experience building e-commerce/ Supply chain / Fulfillment / Internet applications.
- Experience leading technical teams while providing technology direction/guidance.
- Experience with Scrum, XP or other agile methodologies.
- Experience with data analysis/mining in large scale database environments.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact HR at chewy dot com