Software Engineer III at Bullhorn
Bullhorn is looking for a Software Engineer III to join our Development team.
As a Software Engineer at Bullhorn, you’ll be working with a team of talented engineers to build web and mobile applications that solve critical needs in the recruiting and staffing industry. Bullhorn’s ecosystem of products span a wide array of technologies, and we’re looking for skilled engineers who can help us continue to grow and advance our platform. We’re looking both for experts in a given language as well as talented engineers that are willing to branch out and learn something new.
As a Software Engineer, a typical day might include:
- Attending daily team stand ups
- Collaborating in distributed cross functional teams in multiple geographic locations
- Working closely with product managers, designers and engineers to brainstorm and guide decisions on Bullhorn’s products and features
- Pair programming with other engineers to solve complex problems
- Sharing knowledge and experience with your engineering peers and architects
- Advocating for ways to improve our engineering standards, tooling and processes
- Working within a positive, energizing, collaborative team environment
- Solving complex platform problems, developing customer and partner APIs, and building innovative designs
This job might be for you if:
- You want to be an integral part of an innovative, high-performance development team
- You thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment with frequent software releases
- You are comfortable challenging and being challenged by your teammates
- You are willing to lead company wide initiatives alongside day to day development responsibilities
- You build up less experienced developers through mentoring
- You’ve loved every minute of your software application development experience
- You’re skilled or familiar with backend technologies including Java EE, C#, Apex, Node, PHP, Spring, Tomcat, Redis, JMS, JDBC, and JPA (Hibernate)
At Bullhorn, we are looking for engineers across the full range of experience from novice to expert and have a career ladder to match. While years of experience serve as a guidepost for growth, our roles are based more on ability and skills than a specific number of years of experience. With seven levels of expertise, there are roles and opportunities across the experience spectrum and opportunities for continued long term growth.
Strong culture makes Bullhorn a great place to work! Highly collaborative teams working in a remote first team environment makes Bullhorn a great fit no matter where you call home. Bullhorn offers unlimited vacation, quarterly paid volunteer days through its philanthropic group Bullhorn Cares, and an open invitation to Bullhorn Allies groups, which celebrate and cultivate diversity and inclusion for all employees.
Bullhorn is committed to our core values and we are looking for people who exhibit these traits:
- Service - You go beneath the surface to solve problems.
- Energy - You build up your teammates and leave people positively charged.
- Ownership - You take action and own up to your mistakes.
- Speed & Agility - You go around obstacles and demonstrate urgency.
- Being Human - You consider other people's perspectives, laugh, and have fun