Software Engineer II at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready* to make a change? (Overview)
You’ll be helping tens of thousands of restaurants bring digital ordering experiences to their guests. We need impact-driven, product thinking, engineers to build experiences that guests will love, and help restaurants that are scaling grow with Toast’s guest suite of products.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Iterate quickly alongside a cross-functional Engineering, Product, and Design team.
- Hit the ground running using your experience across the front end and back end.
- Ship code that has a massive impact on the growth of Toast.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Experience building microservices and databases.
- Understand how to move fast, but also can balance building maintainable software for long term success.
Special Sauce (Nonessential Requirements)
- Interest in digging into and contributing to product and research to contribute to the roadmap and engineering decisions.
More on our tech stack:
Our mobile products run on iOS and Android, backend services in Java, and Kotlin. The web front-end runs on React, Redux, ES6 and Webpack. Our backend services follow a microservice architecture written using Kotlin and NodeJS; we use AWS extensively, ranging from S3 to RDS to Lambda. We have our own platform for dealing with user management, service elevations, and robust load balancing.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required