Software Engineer II
Catalant’s technology platform and programs enable companies to get mission critical work done faster. Forward-looking executives partner with Catalant to transition to an agile operating model and access the skills and expertise they need to rapidly innovate and stay ahead of disruption.
More than 30 percent of the Fortune 100 use Catalant’s best practices and platform to frictionlessly access and deploy talent, ranging from employees to over 50,000 independent consultants and 1,000 boutique firms in Catalant’s Expert Marketplace. Anonymized data from leading companies train Catalant’s AI-powered skills matching and recommendation engine, inform its best practices, and surface intelligent insights that get smarter over time.
Our investors include General Catalyst, Highland Capital, and Greylock Partners. We're on a mission to build the absolute best team, and are looking for talented, scrappy, fun, and competitive folks to redefine the way work gets done!
We are pragmatic. Our team is responsible for creating and supporting a platform that enables our customers to engage the right people, inside or outside their company, at the right time. We try not to overbuild: we value shipped code over perfect code. Time to market is important, as is time to fix. We value excellence and teamwork.
We’re a python shop on the Flask framework. We use docker. We do continuous deployment. We work in 4-6 person scrum teams, writing new features and customized business logic for our clients. We limit meetings, so you’re focused on the stuff that matters. New developers to the team typically deploy their first production code on their second day in the office. If you get stuck on a problem, your team is right there to help you out and get you moving again. Our office has plenty of space to explore. Feel like you need a change of perspective? Go work in our garden, or the cafe or the library.
What challenges you’ll help us address
- How do we deliver customized solutions to our clients in a scalable way?
- How do we make it easier for our clients to find the right person for the job every time?
- What tools do businesses need to power the transition to an agile workforce?
What you’ll bring
- You focus on delivering solutions that meet the customer need
- You write code that results in a consistent Catalant codebase
- You enthusiastically adapt to the needs of the business
- You are a thought partner for senior engineers
- You offer new ideas, but don’t expect that every idea will be adopted
- You work with a sense of urgency
- You can explain complex solutions to more junior developers
- You have 3+ years of professional programming experience
- Start-up experience is a plus
What we offer
- Feedback from our CIO on improving your coding practices
- An agile team that is always looking to improve and to effectively meet the needs of the business
- The ability to have impact every day by creating value for our customers and stakeholders
- Free Friday lunches