Software Engineer II - Restaurants B2C
Restaurants is a rapidly growing startup within TripAdvisor. With 4+ million listed places to eat worldwide and 450+ million monthly active users across web and mobile, we help travellers and locals discover great restaurants and help restaurant owners market to those future diners. As a Software Engineer on the Restaurants B2C team, you will work with the team’s Product manager, UX Designers, and fellow engineers to release key features which improve the consumer experience, from restaurant discovery to booking. We iterate and deploy code fast - everyone is looking at the impact that the team makes to our numbers.
As a Software Engineer at TripAdvisor, you will work in a fast-moving, collaborative environment that expects you to own your projects. Our product feedback loop is immediate which means we can rapidly iterate and deploy. If you enjoy building full stack applications from the ground up, leveraging the newest technologies to delight users, and executing like an entrepreneur, then you’ve found the right place. Technical focus includes full stack web development, reporting, analytics, web security, ecommerce, user interface and user experience development. We optimize the site with an iterative, agile, and data-driven approach by running several concurrent A/B tests a week. TripAdvisor is built on a massively scaled infrastructure and utilizes modern web technologies to create a cutting edge product.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years of large scale, full life cycle development experience
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and OO design
- Startup experience is a definite plus
- Design and implement the technical solutions for projects
- Work closely with our product and design teams to define feature specifications
- Be responsible for the quality of code you ship
- Actively provide feedback on best practices and design patterns to your peers in the form of code reviews
- Develop, deploy and maintain full stack implementations of owner and consumer-facing features of the TripAdvisor Restaurant experience
- Be responsible for all aspects of software engineering, from design to implementation, QA, operations and maintenance.