Software Engineer II - Restaurants B2B
Restaurants is a rapidly growing startup within TripAdvisor. With 4+ million listed places to eat worldwide and 450+ million unique monthly visitors, we help travelers and locals discover great restaurants and help restaurant owners market to those future diners. As a Software Engineer on the Restaurants B2B team, you will work on monetization strategies including customer (restaurant owner) signup funnel optimization, advertising, partner integrations and customer retention. Working with the team’s Product Manager and UX Designer, you will build key features and capabilities collaborating with fellow engineers and following best practices. We iterate and deploy code fast - everyone is looking at the impact that the team makes to our numbers.
As a Software Engineer at TripAdvisor, you will work in a fast-moving, collaborative environment that expects you to own your projects. Our product feedback loop is immediate which means we can rapidly iterate and deploy. If you enjoy building full stack applications from the ground up, leveraging the newest technologies to delight users, and executing like an entrepreneur, then you’ve found the right place. Technical focus includes full stack web development, reporting, analytics, web security, e-commerce, user interface and user experience development. We optimize the site with an iterative, agile, and data-driven approach by running several concurrent A/B tests a week. TripAdvisor is built on a massively scaled infrastructure and utilizes modern web technologies to create a cutting edge product.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years of large scale, full life cycle development experience
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and OO design
- Startup experience is a definite plus
- Design and implement the technical solutions for projects
- Work closely with our product and design teams to define feature specifications
- Be responsible for the quality of code you ship
- Actively provide feedback on best practices and design patterns to your peers in the form of code reviews
- Develop, deploy and maintain full stack implementations of owner and consumer-facing features of the TripAdvisor Restaurant experience
- Be responsible for all aspects of software engineering, from design to implementation, QA, operations and maintenance.
TripAdvisor, the world's largest travel site*, enables travelers to unleash the full potential of every trip. With over 630 million reviews and opinions covering the world's largest selection of travel listings worldwide – covering approximately 7.5 million accommodations, airlines, experiences, and restaurants -- TripAdvisor provides travelers with the wisdom of the crowds to help them decide where to stay, how to fly, what to do and where to eat. TripAdvisor also compares prices from more than 200 hotel booking sites so travelers can find the lowest price on the hotel that's right for them. TripAdvisor-branded sites are available in 49 markets, and are home to the world's largest travel community of 455 million average monthly unique visitors**, all looking to get the most out of every trip. TripAdvisor: Know better. Book better. Go better.