Software Engineer II - InsightIDR at Rapid7 (Greater Boston Area, MA)
Rapid7 (Nasdaq: RPD) is advancing security with visibility, analytics, and automation delivered through our Insight cloud. Our solutions simplify the complex, allowing security teams to work more effectively with IT and development to reduce vulnerabilities, monitor for malicious behavior, investigate and shut down attacks, and automate routine tasks. Over 9,300 customers rely on Rapid7 technology, services, and research to improve security outcomes and securely advance their organization. For more information, visit our website, check out our blog, or follow us on LinkedIn.
SECURE ADVANCEMENT FOR ALL - This is the central guiding principle for each member of the Rapid7 team: “What more can we do to help all of us live in a more secure world?”
With new technologies and environments seeming to emerge every day, keeping our networks secure has become more challenging, and more critical, than ever before. As a software engineer on the Boston InsightIDR team, you'll be joining a smart, passionate team dedicated to this mission.
What You'll Be Building:
InsightIDR is a cloud-based, microservice-designed architecture built with the mandate to ingest, monitor, and review log data from an organization's environment in order to raise the alarm if and when attackers hack their way into their network. In security terms, we are committed to providing Blue Team defenders the best tools in the industry to detect and respond to attacks. We've achieved a lot - InsightIDR is already acknowledged as a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for our industry - but the threat landscape is
always evolving, and we must continue to grow and improve our product along with it. Our microservices are built on top of AWS technology designed to scale horizontally as our data processing requirements continue to grow. You'll be working at scale from the start. We are a successful product with heavy adoption, so any code we deploy will immediately be responsible for handling massive amounts of data from the moment it is turned on. And you'll be deploying a lot: our CI/CD tools deliver new features into production multiple times a day; our Slack channel for release notifications is never quiet.
Our Terraform-described stack is mostly Java-based built over various data persistence and queue technologies, such as SNS/SQS, Kafka, ElasticSearch, MySQL-flavored RDS, Cassandra, MapReduce, and Athena.
What You Should Bring:
To be a good fit for our team as a Software Engineer II, you should have:
- A demonstrable passion for the craft of software development
- Comfort with tools such as GitHub and Maven for building, storing, and reviewing code
- A team-based approach to problem solving
- A dynamic sense of ownership and responsibility for the quality of the software you create
- Empathy for our users and the Rapid7 mission
- 2-5 years of experience with Java, C#, or similar languages
Even better if you have:
- Interest and/or experience in the security industry
- Interest and/or experience in cloud-based architecture
- Passion to collaborate with our wider teams (e.g. product, UX, support) to think
- strategically about how to solve problems for our users
- We value diversity in our team and we are eager to accept applications for our engineers
- across all backgrounds and life experiences.