Software Engineer II, Full Stack/Frontend at Toast (Remote)
Every day, many thousands of servers, hosts, and chefs use Toast POS (Point of Sale) to serve millions of guests in their restaurants. To make our restaurants successful, we need to develop products that install painlessly, work together seamlessly, and quickly guide restaurant staff and Toast team members to resolve any problems that occur.
The Device Experience team (DEX) sits at the intersection of hardware and software and builds cloud and device software that creates a frictionless experience for customers. Starting from the first time a device is provisioned until its end-of-life, the team takes a system-oriented approach crafting solutions that take software, hardware, networking, user experience, people and processes into account to provide the best results for our users.
We are seeking Software Engineer II for this team. If you are an Engineer who collaborates well with teams within the organization, can think big, and are passionate about building software systems used to manage hardware devices with high focus on quality, this position is for you!
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Design, build, and deliver features of Toast POS
- Ensure quality by building automated testing for changes
- Roll features out to customers, including monitoring for success
- Collaborate with UX and PM on the definition and design of features
- Collaborate with team to plan and estimate work
- Work with experienced engineers to get design and code review
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Comfortable working in React and Java (or other comparable OO language)
- Focused on delivering positive impact for Toast customers
- Enjoys working in a team environment with a shared code-base
- Mobile experience or interest in learning more about Android
More on our tech stack:
Our backend services follow a microservice architecture written using Java and Kotlin on DropWizard while the front end is React; we use AWS extensively, ranging from S3 to RDS to DynamoDB to Lambda. We have our own platform for dealing with service elevations and robust load balancing. We store data in PostgreSQL databases or DynamoDB tables depending on use case, and utilize Apache Spark for large scale data workloads including query and batch processing. Apache Pulsar and Camel are used extensively in our integration transaction workflow processing.
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected]
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.