Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
The Toast POS app is the central pillar of Toast’s restaurant products. Every day, many thousands of servers, hosts, bartenders, and chefs use Toast’s POS to serve millions of guests!
Our team strives to make their experience as smooth and efficient. When we do our job well, the restaurant staff can focus on doing what they love: providing great food and service.
Our POS app is built on an Android, Java/Kotlin, and AWS platform that packages up all of the complexity of restaurant operations into a simple UI that anyone in the restaurant can use. To configure POS features, users login to our React web UIs.
Our team tackles a mix of technical, product, and UX challenges during projects like:
- New app features to support new market segments
- Optimizing the usability of POS configuration for first-time users
- Innovative integrations of third-party ordering (e.g. Doordash) and online ordering features with in-restaurant operations
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Design, build, and deliver features of Toast POS
- Ensure quality by building automated testing for changes
- Roll features out to customers, including monitoring for success
- Collaborate with UX and PM on the definition and design of features
- Collaborate with team to plan and estimate work
- Work with experienced engineers to get design and code review
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Comfortable working in Java
- Mobile experience or interest in learning more about Android
- Focused on delivering positive impact for Toast customers
- Enjoys working in a team environment with a shared code-base
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
#oneteam #leadwithhumility #alwaysbehungry #LI-remote