Software Engineer II, Employee Cloud at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
About this roll* (Responsibilities):
We are looking for a Software Engineer II to build new, innovative solutions to expand the benefits available to Employees that work at a Toast Restaurant. This includes Team Management, Tipping, and Payroll, to name a few. We need your help to improve our platform and add the next generation of products. You will have the opportunity to make an impact immediately.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements):
- Ship code that has a massive impact on helping restaurant employees thrive
- Be part of a team working collaboratively with Research, Design, Product, and other engineers.
- Involvement in all phases of the software development lifecycle, including: product solutioning, technical design and architecture, implementation, testing, deploying, and maintaining.
- Proficient in a modern programming language
- Passionate about technology and learning new things
- Desire to make continuous improvements to teams and technology
Our tech stack:
Our backend services follow a microservice architecture written using GraphQL, Kotlin, and DropWizard; we use AWS extensively, ranging from S3 to RDS to Lambda. Our front ends are written using React and follow a SPA architecture.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required