Software Engineer II, Discounts at Toast
We’re not your traditional tech company and we don’t aim to be. Going against the grain is in our DNA. Building a revolutionary product begins with revolutionary thinking. That’s why we value diversity of background and lived experience. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud-based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Are you bready* for a change?
We are looking for a full stack engineer to join our Discounts team. Join us in working on functionality that spans across Toast's technical stack. From our Android Point of Sale system, to backend microservices and from frontend configuration pages to databases. Help us as we evolve our architecture to be more scalable with use of modern frameworks like gRPC, mechanisms like protocol buffers while simultaneously enhancing the frontend user experience with frameworks like React and Angular. We are a close knit collaborative team with focus on continuous growth and improvement. We support each other well, win and lose as one team and most importantly have fun!
About this roll*:
As a member of a dynamic engineering team you will participate in all aspects of the software life cycle. Specifically you will:
- Design, build and maintain performant, flexible and highly scalable web and mobile applications
- Work across the stack using Java, Kotlin, Android, Postgres, DynamoDB, AngularJS and React
- Actively contribute to product design and feature selection discussions
- Participate in code reviews to ensure technical implementations meet functional requirements
- Mentor other team members
Do you have the right ingredients*?
We are looking for technical depth in multiple areas of the stack:
- Experience with an Object Oriented Language; Java or Kotlin is a plus
- Exposure to tiered web application architecture and databases like Postgres
- Familiarity with REST API’s and microservices architecture
- Experience with Android is a plus