Software Engineer II, Discounts
We’re not your traditional tech company and we don’t aim to be. Going against the grain is in our DNA. Building a revolutionary product begins with revolutionary thinking. That’s why we value diversity background and lived experience. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Are you bready* for a change?
We are looking for a motivated engineer to join our Discounts team. The Discounts team is responsible for owning and evolving our discounts functionality; this is centered around a custom-built, highly configurable and powerful rules engine used to determine the eligibility of a discount. This functionality spans across Toast's entire stack from our Android Point of Sale system, to backend microservices, to frontend configuration pages. We are looking to improve our engine by building new features, fixing bugs, and improving monitoring as we continue to make our architecture better! We win and lose as one team. We run a weekly learning club meeting where we share ideas, discuss technology, learn from each other, and more importantly, have fun!
About this roll*:
- Design, build and maintain performant, flexible and highly scalable web and mobile applications
- Work across the stack using Java, Kotlin, Android, Postgres with depth in frontend technologies like AngularJS and React
- Participate in all aspects of the software life cycle on a small team of Engineers
- Actively contribute to product design and feature selection discussions
- Participating in code reviews to ensure technical implementations meet functional requirements
- Mentoring other team members
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- React experience is a plus
- Technical depth in multiple areas of the stack
- Experience with an Object Oriented Language; Java or Kotlin is a plus
- Experience with Android is a plus
- Exposure to tiered web application architecture and databases a plus
- Exposure to microservices or a SaaS product is a plus