Software Engineer II, DevTools at Toast
We’re not your traditional tech company and we don’t aim to be. Going against the grain is in our DNA. Building a revolutionary product begins with revolutionary thinking. That’s why we value diversity background and lived experience. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Are you bready* for a change?
The Dev-Tools team empowers Toast engineers to deliver high quality code, with ease, through the development process and into production. Our work reaches across the organization, uses a wide array of technologies and problem solving, and makes our android application easy to build, test, and deploy at scale.
Some projects we’ve been cooking up recently include:
- Hosting full Toast environments on local development laptops
- Building out an Android device cluster for automated integration testing
- The modularization of Android builds
- Adding scaling factors to all aspects of the development environment
About this roll*:
- Create developer tools in support of a flourishing company
- Use DevOps methodologies to improve code quality and developer velocity
- Honing our Android build processes
- A swath of different languages (we use Kotlin, Java, Groovy, and Python among others)
- Be a champion of best practices, for code and automation
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- A tool maker at heart with a desire to learn as you go
- Motivated by making other people productive
- Interested in a broad spectrum of technologies
- A passion for learning and getting things done
*Bread puns encouraged but not required