Software Engineer, Growth
About the team
HubSpot's product department is growing in Cambridge. Here our teams are building, designing and researching projects that go on to become living, breathing parts of our inbound marketing and sales products.
We're searching for a Software Engineer that is looking to grow their career in a fast-paced, low bureaucracy environment. We work in small, customer-driven development teams of 5-6 people under the mentorship of a Tech Lead. You and your team set the goals, set the timelines, build the software, go to user tests, and carry the pager.
We're a small team with a big mission. We want to help millions of organisations around the world grow by empowering people to discover, adopt, and buy HubSpot’s products the way they want to. To achieve this, Growth Product Group focuses on acquisition, activation, retention and monetisation across the entire HubSpot product platform.
What we are looking for
- Back End: We write lots of micro-services, primarily with Java 8. Our APIs are RESTful and use the minimal Dropwizard framework. We take advantage of Kafka, Spark, Hadoop for processing volumes of data.
- Integrations experience - Design and build integrations that allow for greater connections between services
- Knowledge - Previous experience with Public APIs, external systems and services
- Passion for Product - this team has a passion for building integrations that all HubSpot to grow and a passion for building cool products is a must
What you will be doing
- Design and build high-value API Integrations that will set HubSpot up for future success
- Cross collaboration with other backend engineering teams
- Be the go-to person on all things integrations
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as the 'perfect' candidate. HubSpot is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
HubSpot helps millions of organizations grow better, and we’d love to grow better with you. Our business builds the software and systems that power the world’s small to medium-sized businesses. Our company culture builds connections, careers, and employee growth. How? By creating a workplace that values flexibility, autonomy, and transparency. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 3M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every HubSpotter globally who has helped build our remarkable culture, HubSpot has been named a top workplace by Glassdoor, Fortune, Entrepreneur, and more.
HubSpot was founded in 2006. We’re headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and we have offices in Dublin (Ireland), Sydney (Australia), New Hampshire, Singapore, Tokyo (Japan), Berlin (Germany), and Bogotá (Colombia).
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot's Recruiting Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.