Join a growing team at a profitable company in the travel industry. The product engineering team’s mission is to deliver and maintain software solutions that drive revenue and improve the traveler experience provided by SmarterTravel products. Join the team and be part of a great team responsible for building and maintaining SmarterTravel Hotels, our newest product offering. Be a rock-solid contributor in future development as well as ensuring site stability as traffic increases along with our revenue goals. Be true to your polyglot roots and jump in to help push our other travel products forward when needed. Join Hopjump today, grow within this talented team to help achieve your professional goals while helping Hopjump reach its business vision.
What we're looking for:
- A./B.S. in Computer Science, or a related field
- 2+ years of relevant work experience, especially in full-stack web development
- A passion for personal growth and a demonstrated ability to learn quickly
- Extra credit if you have experience with: Docker, Kubernetes, Akamai / AWS, Ruby/Rails, PHP, Java, Spring/Spring Boot,
A successful engineer in this role will:
- Collaborate with product managers, stakeholders, designers, and other engineers to build, iterate, and ship new features to advance the SmarterTravel products in line with overall business objectives.
- Drive full-stack software engineering best practices, such as automated testing, CI/CD, and documentation with a focus on maintainability, usability, scalability, and performance.
- Follow Company's development and operational standards and processes and strive to make them better.
- Create documentation for successful knowledge transfer and onboarding of new employees.
- Guide, support, and mentor junior developers on proper software development procedures and methods.
- Contribute to the company as a subject matter expert in multiple areas, constantly pushing yourself to be a better engineer and to level up all of your peers within your team and the company as a whole.
- Proactively, consistently and honestly communicate with stakeholders to avoid missteps and anticipate needs.
- Implement well-defined features with good test coverage and peer reviews.
- Provide required assistance and troubleshoot production. As needed, potentially subject to on-call responsibilities.
- Comprehensive health and dental plans. Choose between HMO or PPO, whatever works for you.
- Competitive salary, 401k, commuting reimbursement, 3 weeks paid vacation, and more.
- Catered lunch every Monday and Thursday + a fully-stocked kitchen including plenty of healthy snacks.
- We like Macs and you get a shiny new one when you join our team.
- Located in Kendall Square. T-accessible & near great bars and restaurants.