As a Front-End Engineer at PathAI, you will be an integral part of a cross functional team building cutting edge software for faster, more accurate diagnosis of disease. We're applying our work to drug development and the clinical space as we work towards becoming the world’s computational pathologist.
PathAI is applying Machine Learning, Computer Vision, and AI in amazing ways to advance the field of pathology and healthcare into the digital age. As a member of our product engineering team, you will work through unique challenges involving high performance web-based digital pathology to deliver rich data visualizations, allowing doctors and pathologists access to PathAI's keen insights.
We recognize that a polished and engaging experience is critical to the success of everything we aspire to do, and we're looking for an experienced front-end engineer to join our team and help lay the groundwork for our growing software platform. We believe in using the best tools for the job, and these currently include VueJS, CompositionApi, Webpack, Typescript, Jest, Cypress, Sass, and an assortment of others. We're always welcoming an expansion of this toolset, and we appreciate engineers that use their experience in other technologies to expand our horizons.
If you're the right candidate, you'll be exercising all the skills you have and building new ones along the way:
- Build smart interfaces from comps, wireframes, and prototypes, faithfully representing the designer's intent while adding your own touch.
- Write clean and modular markup, flexible SCSS, and layer it within a great script framework.
- Care about accessibility and progressive enhancement while still pushing the boundaries of today's browsers.
- Integrate your front-end work with RESTful APIs, such as Django.
- Work well with designers and back-end engineers, balancing team communication with focused time to GTD.
- Implement and exercise modern practices like code reviews, automated tests, continuous integration, and iterative development.
- Mentor, learn, and share knowledge with others along the way.
Our employees come in all shapes and sizes, but to be successful in this role with us, you'll at least need:
- Experience. This isn't your first rodeo, with at least 2+ years of work in this field.
- Aesthetic. Your main tool may be code, but you should have a keen design eye and an ability to make strong design decisions in a pinch.
- Education. Generally, a bachelor's degree is really helpful in working with our team on this kind of work, but feel free to convince us if you're the exception.
- An insatiable intellectual curiosity and the ability to learn quickly in a complex space
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. Your compensation is rounded out by a strong benefits package:
- Flexible work hours, with work-from-home options available
- Three weeks of paid leave per year, an additional two weeks of sick time, plus extended holidays and team-approved leave
- Ten days of 100% subsidized child care per year
- Healthcare, vision, and dental insurance plans (HMO or PPO), with voluntary add-ons available for dependent care, life, and accident coverage
- Commuter benefit available for public transit or parking
Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll genuinely enjoy spending the day with.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.
PathAI does not accept unsolicited submissions from third-parties.
With the rise of employment phishing scams, especially during the current COVID-19 situation, we ask candidates to be extra vigilant. Be careful about providing any kind of personal information, such as location, age, or financial information to recruiters who may be impersonating PathAI employees. PathAI does not require payment for interviews or for applicants to purchase their own work supplies for reimbursement.