At Kensho, we hire talented people and give them the autonomy, support, and resources needed to build cutting edge technology and products for our parent company, S&P Global. As a result, we produce technology that is scalable, robust, and solves the challenges of one of the world’s largest, most successful financial institutions.
As a software engineer on the frontend team, you will work on projects that span various groups across the organization. Our frontend team is a tight-knit and high-velocity team that’s responsible for the web products across Kensho. With more projects than team members, we stress stability, code-quality, and communication.
Are you looking to make impactful, scalable contributions that could transform the way people work with data? If so, we would love to help you excel here at Kensho. We take pride in our team-based, tightly-knit startup Kenshin community that provides our employees with a collaborative, communicative environment to build a suite of applications that solves some of the most complicated workflows in industry.
- You will build, test, and deploy applications that disrupt existing niches
- You will contribute to and help architect internal and consumer-facing projects including a UI component library, charting abstractions, and a suite of applications
- You will help ensure that our services are scalable, monitored, and robust
- You will work closely with numerous other teams including design, back end, machine learning, data infrastructure, and core infrastructure
What We Look For
- You have experience using React
- You have at least one core expertise, such as TypeScript, performance optimization, frontend infrastructure, or data visualization
- You have a strong understanding of practical algorithms and data structures
- You have attention to detail and thoroughness
- You have a desire to build a strong, collaborative engineering culture as a code reviewer, mentor, and teammate
How You Can Really Get Our Attention
- You were a technical contributor at a top software company
- You have open-source project contributions showing thoughtfulness and initiative
- You have 2-5 years of experience with front end technologies
- You have relevant research or publications
Technologies You Will Use
- Development and debugging tools like Git, Sentry, and Jest
Benefits & Perks
- At Kensho, we pride ourselves on providing top-of-market benefits, including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance - 100% company paid premiums
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 18 weeks of 100% paid Parental Leave (paternity and maternity)
- 401(k) plan with 6% employer matching
- Generous company matching on donations to non-profit charities
- Up to $20,000 tuition assistance
- Plentiful snacks, drinks, and regularly catered lunches
- Dog-friendly office (CAM office)
- In-office gyms and showers (CAM, DC) or Equinox membership (LA, NYC)
- Stipend towards commuter or gym reimbursement
- Bike sharing program memberships
- Compassion leave and elder care leave
- Mentoring and additional learning opportunities
- Opportunity to expand professional network and participate in conferences and events
Kensho uses machine learning, artificial intelligence, natural language processing and data visualization techniques to solve some of the hardest analytical problems and create breakthrough financial intelligence solutions for our parent company, S&P Global.
Kensho was founded in 2013 by Harvard & MIT alums and was acquired by S&P Global in 2018. Kensho continues to operate as a startup in order to maintain our distinct, independent brand and to promote our breakthrough, innovative culture. Our team of Kenshins enjoy a dynamic and collaborative work environment that runs autonomously from S&P, while leveraging the unparalleled breadth and depth of data and resources available as part of S&P Global.
As Kenshins, we pride ourselves on maintaining an innovative culture that depends on diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes future Kenshins with all experiences and perspectives. Kensho is headquartered in Cambridge, MA, with offices in New York City, Washington D.C. and Los Angeles.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.