Software Engineer - Entry Level
PathAI is looking for entry level candidates for this year to join our organization as a Software Engineer. In this role, you will be an integral part of a cross functional team building cutting edge software for faster, more accurate diagnosis of disease. We're applying our work to drug development and the clinical space as we work towards becoming the world’s computational pathologist.
PathAI is applying Machine Learning, Computer Vision, and AI in amazing ways to advance the field of pathology and healthcare into the digital age. As a member of our product engineering team, you will work through unique challenges involving high performance web-based digital pathology to deliver rich data visualizations, allowing doctors and pathologists access to PathAI's keen insights.
We're looking for entry level engineers to join our team and help lay the groundwork for our growing software platform. We believe in using the best tool for the job. While we’re always looking to improve, in this role, those tools currently include:
- Django REST framework
We're always welcoming an expansion of this toolset, and we appreciate engineers that use their experience in other technologies to expand our horizons.
If you're the right candidate, you'll be exercising all the skills you have and building new ones along the way:
- Solve interesting problems with code.
- Build new features for internal and external users, and refactor existing ones to make them better.
- Work with a wide range of systems, processes, and technologies to solve problems in sustainable ways. Sometimes you'll be neck-deep in low-level systems, and other times you'll be pairing up with the front-end team on the user interface.
- Drive the architecture of our application platform, considering the team and our future product roadmap.
- Collaborate with product, design, front-end, machine learning, and infrastructure teams.
- Drive and uphold high engineering standards, bringing consistency to the codebases you encounter and ensuring software is adequately reviewed, tested, and integrated.
- Mentor, learn, and share knowledge with others along the way.
Our employees come in all shapes and sizes, but to be successful in this role with us, you'll at least need:
- Experience. This may be your first time role, but you have applicable knowledge through projects/internships/co-ops
- Aesthetic. Your main tool may be code, but you should have a keen design eye and an ability to make strong design decisions in a pinch.
- Education. Generally, a bachelor's degree is really helpful in working with our team on this kind of work. But feel free to convince us if you're the exception.
- An insatiable intellectual curiosity and the ability to learn quickly in a complex space
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. Your compensation is rounded out by a strong benefits package:
- Flexible work hours, with work-from-home options available for many roles
- Three weeks of paid leave per year, an additional two weeks of sick time, plus extended holidays and team-approved leave
- Ten days of 100% subsidized childcare per year
- Healthcare, vision, and dental insurance plans (HMO or PPO), with voluntary add-ons available for dependent care, life, and accident coverage
- Commuter benefit available for public transit or parking
- Convertible sit-stand desks
- Weekly in-office yoga classes
- Free in-office lunch on Tuesdays and Fridays
- Snacks and drinks in the office – which currently include a mountain of Milano cookies, endless Fruit Snacks, as well as cold brew coffee and kombucha on tap, among many other options. Our in-house Snackologist is also happy to take your requests!
Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll genuinely enjoy spending the day with.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.
PathAI does not accept unsolicited submissions from third-parties.