Software Engineer, Crypto Wallets
Circle is a global crypto finance company, built on blockchain technology, powered by crypto assets, and dedicated to helping people and institutions create and share value globally. With our suite of products, we enable our customers to send and receive money around the world easily, as well as invest in and trade crypto assets.
We are passionate about building experiences that our customers love. Circle’s engineering team enables us to do that at scale, supporting customers all over the world and processing millions of transactions across multiple currencies in a reliable, secure and fast way. The Poloniex team is looking for software engineers that enjoy solving complex problems. We want to work with engineers that have a passion for their craft and care deeply about the experience of the users and operators of the systems they build.
The Crypto Wallets team interacts with many different cryptocurrencies and works on the cutting edge of blockchain technology. Crypto Wallets engineers assist researching and integrating new crypto assets and develop novel blockchain tools for our various trading and custodial products.
What you'll work on:
- Solve hard, open ended problems in the cryptocurrency and blockchain space
- Become an expert in multiple cryptocurrency and blockchain platforms
- Work on critical infrastructure powering Circle’s products
- Build RESTful microservices on AWS cloud platforms using modern software delivery techniques including ECS and Docker
- Design and code new features for the Poloniex Cryptoasset Exchange
- Troubleshoot and fix code defects
- Be a member of a small agile software engineering team
- Coach and mentor other engineers
- Learn a lot, be challenged, and have fun
What you'll bring to Circle:
- Be flexible and work on many facets of the system from database design, to asynchronous event based middleware, to front end modern HTML applications
- Be interested in cryptocurrency and blockchain technology
- Design relational databases and have at least intermediate capability with SQL
- Build simple and elegant software solutions
- Work well as a team member on a close-knit team
- Have your own ideas and be open to others
- Be creative, curious, and learn fast
- 2+ years of programming experience
- Computer Science degree preferred