Software Engineer (C++)
Our Carbon Black Protection agent team is looking for Software Engineers with experience in macOS or *nix development, computer security, and development of enterprise-grade endpoint software systems. Ideal candidates have experience developing code against posix on unix platforms writing code in C/C++ for endpoints as well as a passion to create a world class security product. If you love computer security and digging into complex engineering challenges, then we want you on our team!
What You'll Do
- Own feature development for Cb Protection macOS endpoint through the entire software development lifecycle, including design, implementation, test, and debugging/bugfixing.
- Triage, reproduce, debug, and fix issues identified in the product both in the field and internally
- Build tools to support team efficiency and contribute to test automation
- Participate in Agile development processes and become a true team citizen.
What You'll Bring
- 2-5 years of experience in software development with C++ and Python
- Demonstrable technical development ability with a strong track record of delivering high quality, enterprise-class software
- Experience with macOS and/or Linux (system-level development experience a strong plus)
- Ability to contribute in all areas of the software development process, including software design, new-feature development, testing, and debugging/problem diagnosis.
- Flexibility to contribute to different components of the endpoint product, such as system services, instrumentation, installers and, occasionally, user-interface.
- Technical flexibility/agility and a desire to learn.