Software Engineer - Backend/Server/UI at VMware Carbon Black
Software Engineer - Backend/Server/UI
Our Engineering Team is moving at lightning speed on the breaking edge of technology. Software Engineers specifically dedicated to the Voice of the Customer (VoC) work as part of an agile team to quickly diagnose and resolve issues impacting our customers. Within this fast-paced, collaborative organization, you'll work to ensure customer success and satisfaction by contributing to products that protect customers' dearest assets.
We’re seeking a Senior Software Engineer with server programming knowledge and strong troubleshooting skills to incorporate the Voice of the Customer (VoC) into our award-winning products. The ideal candidate will be energized by solving challenging problems, helping our team, company, and customers succeed with the tools we provide. If you’re dedicated to providing consistent customer satisfaction, this role is for you!
What You’ll Do
As a VoC Engineer, you’ll solve complex software problems by reviewing large bodies of code, quickly assessing intricate environments, and designing solutions on the fly that incorporate data compiled from customers’ expectations, preferences, and aversions. By leveraging data about customers’ wants and needs, we can more effectively prioritize activities that improve overall customer satisfaction.
- Troubleshoot and perform a root cause analysis of customer reported product issues (including: examining code base (compiling and comparing different versions), product logs, system logs, and other system debug information)
- Communicate clearly and effectively with internal stakeholders as well as customers to drive resolution of technical issues
- Be proactive, self-motivated and attentive to detail when solving highly complex level of escalated problems
- Work well under pressure in a highly kinetic environment
What You’ll Bring
- Enthusiasm for Software Development
- Solid experience developing or supporting an enterprise class application, addressing product issues and driving corrective actions
- Fluency in: Java; Restful API; JMS, GO, SMQP, SQS; Python; Nodejs; Postgres
- Technology / Tools / Methodologies: AWS & ElasticSearch; Git; Postman, Agile Methodologies; CI/CD; Docker, react
- Operating Systems: Linux; Windows
- Strong verbal communication skills. You are a highly engaged developer in an agile environment where constant communication and continuous improvements are part of daily life.
- Ability to implement resilient code that will handle error conditions gracefully
- Understanding of container deployment technologies and how to best utilize cloud platform offerings on AWS
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Work From Home: Yes
Posted Date: 2020-03-24
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.