Perch is creating the next generation Consumer Products company by becoming the first technology-based scale operator of top eCommerce microbrands. Microbrands selling through marketplaces like Amazon are already transforming global retail - Amazon’s 3rd party marketplace alone was $300B in 2020. Perch is disrupting and accelerating this space by acquiring great brands and making them even better. We look for successful, profitable businesses that sell top-ranked products with differentiated customer feedback. The Perch platform integrates those businesses into a scale operating company and accelerates the products to the next level of sales and profitability. We are a key resource for entrepreneurs who want liquidity and a key partner for Amazon and other retail channels by offering exceptional products, great customer service, and great value.
Central to our success is the ability to rapidly grow and optimize our brands after they join our platform. Creating and executing the Perch Playbook is one of the most challenging and important parts of our success as a company. We are looking for a talented contributor, forged in plastic (learnability) who has a track record of writing clean, well tested and maintainable code, while delivering results and bringing new ideas to the table on the fly.
This person will have the unique opportunity as a key contributor to work directly with technical leadership as an essential member of our team pushing the company’s ability to continue to scale at a rapid pace. This is a role that has the potential to get you involved in every aspect of our business – acquisitions, supply chain, brand management, technology and finance - and you’ll be an integral member of shaping a rapidly growing technology company.Requirements
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code, utilizing strong unit test and debugging skills.
- Create and document RESTful APIs to be used by our frontend teams.
- Ability to integrate 3rd party APIs with our system.
- Experience with database technologies, PostgreSQL databases or other data-store solutions (e.g. Redis, MongoDB, CouchDB)
- Coding in Python (Python is our language of choice) and knowledge of Django Framework is a big plus.
- Experience working with git, running command-line scripts, and crafting custom SQL queries or advanced ORM usage.
- Familiar with CI/CD
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- The ideal candidate has 3+ years of hands-on development experience; at least 2 years of backend-focused development experience utilizing Python, Django and Django REST framework (or related technologies)
We are looking for entrepreneurial and collaborative team members to help build out scalable systems. If you have a thirst for learning and are eager to gain expertise in your profession with a willingness to learn more from a variety of people and dive into challenges head first we’d love to talk to you. You should be excited at the prospect of being a part of a rapidly growing company with an aptitude for getting things done. You like the idea of helping us to create the best technology platform to grow the Perch business as a whole. No eCommerce or Amazon experience is required – we believe that with the right set of underlying capabilities, you can learn the industry context quickly.
Perch is one of the fastest-growing eCommerce companies in Boston. Perch acquires and develops great eCommerce brands. We are backed by amazing investors (SoftBank, Spark Capital, Tectonic Ventures, and Boston Seed). Our team has deep expertise in eCommerce, technology, and M&A. We are disrupting one of the largest and most exciting spaces of eCommerce and are building an industry-shaping platform. Our aim is to have a workplace and company that positively impacts the lives of others, including our employees, their families, the entrepreneurs and vendors we work with, and our end customers.
Perch is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.