Software Engineer (Backend)
Greater Boston Area
Appcues is a SaaS business dedicated to helping our customers build products their users love. We offer a suite of products and services that let our customers design and publish user experiences, product tours, and flows to their sites with a simple, code-free interface.
Behind this product is a scalable platform for real-time, in-app user communication with single-digit latencies and four-nines reliability. And behind that platform is a team of dedicated, pragmatic, nuts-and-bolts engineers making the whole thing work.
We're looking for a few great backend software engineers to help Appcues make 2019 another hockey-stick year, and beyond.
A backend software engineer at Appcues:
- Provisions, tunes, and maintains data persistence layers such as DynamoDB, Postgres, Redis, S3, Firebase DB, Redshift, etc.
- Measures, monitors, and ensures the performance and availability of the Appcues platform.
- Configures and automates system testing and deployment in the AWS and Google clouds.
- Integrates dozens of external SaaS products into Appcues services.
- Is committed to the privacy and security of customers' and end users' data.
- Works with customers directly for integration, support, and occasional custom development.
You might be a fit if you:
- Have three or more years of professional software engineering experience, including at least one year focused on backend service development.
- Previous experience with Functional Programming a plus
- Demonstrate strong skills working with the Unix operating system.
- Possess a good understanding of the current landscape of data storage and processing technologies.
- Are broadly familiar with current infrastructure/platform-as-a-service offerings.
- Prefer working in a highly collaborative environment at a small, customer-focused startup.
At Appcues, our mission is to help teams build products their users love. With Appcues, you can create in-product experiences (user onboarding, feature announcements, etc.) without writing any code. We believe it's the non-technical people who oftentimes have the best information about a user's needs and desires. And we give them the tools to act
We’re a dynamic group of talented teammates who challenge, trust, and care about each other, the work we do, and the success story we’re all helping to write. We live by our values, our benefits are real, and sometimes we have donuts!
Appcues is an equal opportunity employer. We believe a diverse team is a stronger team.
Read Full Job Description