Software Engineer, Back End at Kensho Technologies
What You’ll Do
- You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- You will manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- You will write robust, scalable, and well-tested code for integrating all kinds of data into Kensho's systems.
- You will help make Kensho's data easily accessible internally through easy to use, performant and well documented APIs.
- You will work on rapidly prototyping new services to accommodate other projects and teams' needs.
Technologies You’ll Use
- Django, Django REST Framework, Celery, Python3, PostgreSQL, gRPC
- Git, Phabricator, Docker, Jenkins
- SAML, OAuth
Required Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- You have 2+ years developing web applications in Python
- You have collaborated on a team developing web apps
- You have experience working on web application back-ends and APIs
- You demonstrate a strong understanding of algorithms and data structures
- You have experience profiling and optimizing systems
- You have familiarity designing and building wide-reaching systems
- You can communicate thoroughly and effectively
How to Really Get Our Attention
- You have open source project contributions, research, publications, or patents demonstrating innovation and initiative
- You exhibit excitement and readiness to work in a collaborative environment
- You seek the opportunity to accept and give constructive criticism and to brainstorm with fellow team members
Benefits & Perks
- At Kensho, we pride ourselves on providing top-of-market benefits, including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance - 100% company paid premiums
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 18 weeks of 100% paid Parental Leave (paternity and maternity)
- 401(k) plan with 6% employer matching
- Generous company matching on donations to non-profit charities
- Up to $20,000 tuition assistance toward degree programs, plus up to $4,000/year for ongoing professional education such as industry conferences
- Plentiful snacks, drinks, and regularly catered lunches
- Dog-friendly office (CAM office)
- In-office gyms and showers (CAM, DC) or Equinox membership (LA, NYC)
- Stipend towards commuter or gym reimbursement
- Bike sharing program memberships
- Compassion leave and elder care leave
- Mentoring and additional learning opportunities
- Opportunity to expand professional network and participate in conferences and events