At Kensho, we hire talented people and give them the autonomy, support, and resources needed to build cutting edge technology and products for our parent company, S&P Global. As a result, we produce technology that is scalable, robust, and solves the challenges of one of the world’s largest, most successful financial institutions.
Are you looking to make impactful, scalable contributions that could transform the way people think about data? If so, we would love to help you excel here at Kensho. We take pride in our team-based, tightly-knit startup Kenshin community that provides our employees with a collaborative, communicative environment that allows us to tackle the biggest challenges in data.
As a backend software engineer on the Applications Team, you will be responsible for building the backend infrastructure that our web applications depend on. Our Applications Team is a tight-knit and high-velocity team that’s responsible for the web products across Kensho. With more projects than team members, we stress stability, code-quality, and communication.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
What We Look For
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- You collaborated on a team developing web apps
- You have 2+ years developing web applications, in Python
- You have experience working on web application back-ends and APIs
- You demonstrate a strong understanding of algorithms and data structures
- You can communicate thoroughly and effectively
- You exhibit excitement and readiness to work in a collaborative environment
- You seek the opportunity to accept and give constructive criticism and to brainstorm with fellow team members
How You Can Really Get Our Attention
- You have open source project contributions, research, publications, or patents demonstrating innovation and initiative
- You have experience profiling and optimizing systems
- You have familiarity designing and building wide-reaching systems
- You have experience working with Federated Identity Management systems such as Oracle Identity Manager
Technologies You Will Use
- Django, Django REST Framework, Celery, Python3, PostgreSQL, gRPC
- Git, Phabricator, Docker, Jenkins
- SAML, OAuth
Benefits & Perks
- At Kensho, we pride ourselves on providing top-of-market benefits, including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance - 100% company paid premiums
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 18 weeks of 100% paid Parental Leave (paternity and maternity)
- 401(k) plan with 6% employer matching
- Generous company matching on donations to non-profit charities
- Up to $20,000 tuition assistance
- Plentiful snacks, drinks, and regularly catered lunches
- Dog-friendly office (CAM office)
- In-office gyms and showers (CAM, DC) or Equinox membership (LA, NYC)
- Stipend towards commuter or gym reimbursement
- Bike sharing program memberships
- Compassion leave and elder care leave
- Mentoring and additional learning opportunities
- Opportunity to expand professional network and participate in conferences and events
Kensho uses machine learning, artificial intelligence, natural language processing and data visualization techniques to solve some of the hardest analytical problems and create breakthrough financial intelligence solutions for our parent company, S&P Global.
Kensho was founded in 2013 by Harvard & MIT alums and was acquired by S&P Global in 2018. Kensho continues to operate as a startup in order to maintain our distinct, independent brand and to promote our breakthrough, innovative culture. Our team of Kenshins enjoy a dynamic and collaborative work environment that runs autonomously from S&P, while leveraging the unparalleled breadth and depth of data and resources available as part of S&P Global.
As Kenshins, we pride ourselves on maintaining an innovative culture that depends on diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes future Kenshins with all experiences and perspectives. Kensho is headquartered in Cambridge, MA, with offices in New York City, Washington D.C. and Los Angeles.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.