We’re reimagining sports and technology.
DraftKings is bringing sports fans closer to the games they love and becoming an essential part of their experience in the process. An industry pioneer since our founding in 2012, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do and we think you will too.
Building The Possibilities:
The Architecture team is growing rapidly! As such, we're looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help develop and maintain our core infrastructure components and services utilized by all our product teams. You'll get the chance to work on a new Architecture team and collaborate with a lot of super talented teams in creating new components, improving existing ones and helping to translate teams' work into core components and services. Sound like fun to you? Come join us.
What You'll do as a Senior Software Engineer
- Work closely with our Senior Lead Software Engineer and our product teams to implement core functionality needed across all our product teams
- Develop modular, efficient, well-tested components to enable the teams to produce top notch products
- Help design new patterns to better support the products
- You will identify bottlenecks to improve performance.
- Participate in design sessions, code reviews, and pull requests.
- You will also write clean, well-organized, testable, and reusable code.
What Skills You Will Use:
- 3+ years of development experience working in object oriented programming using languages such as C# or Java
- You have a strong knowledge of OOP and REST design principles
- A bonus if you have good experience in asynchronous, concurrent programming
- Ability to participate in code reviews, design reviews, and over-the-shoulder debugging.
- A passion for problem solving and a desire to find solutions that enable others to do their jobs more efficiently and with greater success
- Experience writing and maintaining a comprehensive suite of unit and integration tests.
- Experience writing distributed systems in a Cloud Computing environment such as AWS strongly preferred.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
As a technology company at our core, DraftKings believes that the best innovation comes from diverse perspectives, thoughts, beliefs, ideas, and experiences. We consistently push boundaries and challenge the conventional to ensure our culture and products reflect the expectations of our employees, and the customers we serve.
We’re proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We’ll never discriminate against anyone’s background or creed. If you’re good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.