• 3+ years professional experience in mobile development
• Thorough understanding of Kotlin and the Android mobile platform
• A passion for building engaging user experiences
• The ability to bring leading industry techniques and technologies to the table
• A passionate focus on quality, writing testable code that performs well for our consumers
• A desire to help our team continuously improve
About the job
As a Senior Mobile Software Developer in the Flights Marketplace team, you will contribute to building a product that impacts millions of users. Booking flights can be complicated and stressful, you will help make air travel easier to book and stress free. You will learn about the complex ecosystem of air travel and apply that knowledge to provide our users with the best experience. Collaborating with our outstanding design, product and data science experts, you’ll work to personalize travel for our users. You will collaborate with a team of talented developers, product managers, and data scientists to break down complex problems, and experiment with new ideas very quickly. You will help the team solve the right user problems and find new and innovative ways to delight our customers.
- Collaborate with a team of talented developers to develop innovative solutions to challenging, impactful technical problems
- Quickly prototype new ideas and run experiments to identify features that users love
- Create delightful user experiences in our app (Kotlin)
- Help evolve our mobile architecture to consistently improve development efficiency
- Influence the technical direction for the team
- Influence the strategic direction of the product
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k
More about Hopper
Today, Hopper is best known as a travel app. We're going to do about $1B in sales this year and weathered the COVID storm better than anyone expected. We just raised $170M from Goldman Sachs and Capital One, and inked a deal to be the exclusive travel provider for Capital One Travel.
We owe our success, in large part, to a proprietary suite of data-driven and risk-based financial services that we have developed that complement a customer's trip-purchasing experience. One example is Price Freeze, where our customers are able to purchase a financial option in the app to lock in any price that they see, on any item, for as short as 1 hour or as long as 21 days with Hopper taking the risk on the other side of the trade.
Now we're laying the groundwork for continued expansion in 2021 by adding great people to our team who can help us compete with the travel giants.
Read Full Job Description