Software Engineer 2 at Humana Studio_h
The Software Engineer at Humana Edge will have the chance to influence the decisions of a brand new organization. We’re a small but capable team. Software Engineers within the Edge team are trusted to own major parts of the codebase and we expect you to thrive as a leader in defining and solving problems, with support from your peers.
Software Engineers at the Edge will help develop cloud native solutions, leveraging Google Cloud Platform APIs and Services and are able to code in languages and frameworks that fit into that ecosystem – Python, Golang, Node, .Net Core (C#), and Java. In addition, our cloud native automation infrastructure allows you to quickly deploy and iterate on your code.
We believe that both a high-quality team and high-quality code are critical pieces of our mission. You'll be responsible for end-to-end development of our customer facing experience and features, including the APIs and data that power it. You'll design data models, build APIs, figure out the scaling strategy for your components, and implement the UX details that separate how members used to think about the healthcare industry versus how they will.
Working closely with our product and design team, you will focus on improving user experience with both large new features and iterate through smaller enhancements across a variety of channels – web, mobile, voice, and IOT devices. Lastly, you will work with the analytics team to build a feedback loop to constantly improve on what we’ve already built.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field
- At least one year of experience working on any major cloud provider
- Proven work experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer
- 1+ years of Software Development experience in at least one of the following languages: Python, Java, C# .Net Core, or Golang
- Experience in at least one popular web framework (Vue.js, Angular, React)
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Strong communication skills with ability to interact with business and customer representatives
- Passion for growing your skills, tackling interesting work and challenging problems
- Experience working within an environment with a “startup” culture using agile, lean, DevOps, and DataOps delivery practices and methodologies.
A plus if candidate has:
- Have experience with TDD and writing solid test cases
- Experience working in large, high-quality codebases
- Comfortable running and maintaining containers and using tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, or Mesos in Production
- Shipping pragmatic, sustainable code bases with speed
- In-depth knowledge of public cloud computing architectures and services. Proficient in the use of cloud native technologies, cloud cybersecurity, and implementation patterns to lower costs, improve speed to market, increase efficiency, and enable innovation.
- Experience leveraging modern technologies to increase velocity and decrease cost of solution delivery; including cloud technologies, microservices architecture, and streaming analytics.
- Building collaborative relationships with team members, fostering a productive team environment, and coaching staff with timely meaningful feedback
- Cloud certification on any major cloud provider
- Proficiency in designing, building, and testing complex scalable systems
- Have in-depth experience building and managing a large-scale microservice infrastructure application or system
- Experience supporting live production infrastructure, can put out fires under pressure when things go wrong
- An appetite for data: analyzing metrics and designing A/B tests to help drive the company’s decisions