Software Development Manager, Storefront
Chewy is hiring a Software Developmnent Manager for our Chewy.com Storefront team in Boston, MA. This is a high-profile position that will have exposure across the entire business, influencing the vision and implementation of architecture, design and features for this critical platform. As part of a dynamic team, this role offers a tremendous opportunity for professional growth in the leading online pet retailer in the US. The role will allow you to act as an individual contributor while leading a team of strong engineers supporting the Chewy.com shopping experience. The role will have tremendous visibility in the technology & business organization of Chewy.
What you'll do:
- Manage a team of 5-7 software and quality assurance engineers responsible for building and maintaining features on Chewy.com
- Recruit and hire new quality engineers and mentor the growth of the existing team
- Drive technical decisions and work with your product owner to manage a backlog to support multiple teams within the Chewy Software organization
- Review code and implementations, provide feedback for individual contributors
- Establish strong working relationships at all organizational levels and across functional teams
- Collaborate on design and implementation of scalable test environments for development and testing
- Must be able to identify and manage priorities within the context of overall corporate objectives
- Work with others in Engineering Management to drive best practices in software development, testing, and production deployment
What you'll need:
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Systems Engineering or a similar math or engineering discipline.
- Demonstrated history of implementing and managing significant software development projects (mobile or web application development, test automation, or release engineering domains)
- 5-10 years of experience in Software Development as a Software Engineer in a Java web based environment
- 2+ years of experience in Engineering Management
- Solid fundamental background in multiple testing disciplines (e.g. APIs, Functional UI testing, Performance testing, data-oriented systems test, distributed systems, etc)
- Familiarity with multiple technologie stacks including both static and dynamic programming languages (we primarily use Java, but are not limited to Java/JVM tools).
- Proven delivery experience working under an Agile/Scrum methodology
- Must be more than proficient at both written and spoken English
- Position may require travel
- Ecommerce experience
- Familiarity with Atlassian tools
- Understanding of Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery