Software Development Manager, Fulfillment Execution at Chewy
Chewy is hiring a Software Development Manager for our Fulfillment Execution Software / Warehouse Management System (WMS) team in Minneapolis, MN. The WMS is a critical system that enables our fulfillment team across the country to ship customer orders. The goal of the team is to design and build scalable, high-performance solutions to complex problems that are facing our stakeholders. This role offers a tremendous opportunity to have a large impact on an always evolving, fast-growing team.
What You'll Do:
- Build and foster a strong engineering team and positive engineering culture.
- Mentor exceptional software and quality engineers through career development plans and regular 1:1s.
- Work with your product owners to manage the backlogs to support multiple teams within the Chewy Software organization
- Drive technical decisions and be accountable for the delivery of solutions on initiatives they own.
- Must be able to identify and manage priorities within the context of overall company objectives based on data driven decision making.
- Contribute to road map definition in collaboration with technical and product leadership.
- Partner with our recruiting team to continue building your high-performance team.
What You'll Need:
- 2+ years of experience in Engineering Management
- 5+ years of experience in Software Development as a software engineer
- Exceptional leadership and project management skills
- Proven delivery experience working under an Agile/Scrum methodology
- Desire to learn and solve complex problems
- Good communication skills, both written and oral, for technical and business audiences alike
- Position may require travel
- Fulfillment or warehouse domain experience
- Prior roles in E-commerce or in technology companies
- Knowledge of relational database management systems
- Experience with HighJump Warehouse Advantage
- Scrum Master Certification
- Knowledge of Atlassian suite of tools (Jira, Confluence)
- Experience working in Agile teams (Scrum, Kanban)
- Familiarity with test automation
- Working experience with Amazon Web Services