Software Configuration Specialist at Toast
We’re not your traditional tech company. We recognize that talented people often come from outside the tech space. No matter what your background is, there’s a place for you at Toast. We’ve 86’d the conventional workplace for one where people can truly bring their full selves to work. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready* to make a change?
Toast is looking for self-motivated individuals who want to be part of a team that is transforming the way restaurants operate. You will be involved in working with Toast’s restaurant customers to set up the most critical part of their configuration…the menu. We are looking for candidates that like mobile technology, have experience in the restaurant industry, can communicate effectively, and are creative problem solvers. As a startup we move fast and have a lot of opportunities for career growth, so if you’re passionate about your work and want to be in a fun and growing industry join us! You will be helping Toast to grow our business across the US and internationally.
About this roll*:
- Become an expert in the Toast POS menu and all modules associated with it including (but not limited to) online ordering, inventory, and kiosk.
- Perform a review call with customers to drive their menu to completion.
- Train customers on best practices and the menu creation and upkeep processes
- Perform basic menu troubleshooting of functionality issues by becoming proficient in the Toast system configuration software.
- Mitigate expectations of the customer based on knowledge of the Toast system limitations.
- Manage scheduling both new and existing correspondence with Toast customers.
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication skills through phone, in-person, and writing
- Ability to problem solve / troubleshoot in a timely manner
- Adaptability and strong work ethic
- Demonstrate attention to detail and strong organization skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and maintain a positive attitude
- Ability to work scheduled shifts including day and evening
- Fluency in Spanish a plus
- Fluency in Mandarin a plus
*Bread puns encouraged but not required