Software Architect at Kyruus
- You’ll provide engineering leadership, guide technology choices, and chart an approach to execution that will enable continuous delivery of capabilities along the product roadmap. You’ll model engineering excellence for team members and provide technical mentorship through design and code reviews as well as code you write.
- Your typical day will include writing code, reviewing code, and providing designs for and feedback on other Engineering work.
- You’ll participate in planning meetings for our product roadmap and deliverables across multiple product areas.
- You’ll help plan and coordinate the technical strategy and implementation of our cross-team projects and product deployments.
- You’ll drive clarity in our architecture and technical designs through frequent communication and documentation.
- You’ll advocate for value optimized, highly available, performant, efficient, and scalable designs and coding practices.
- You’ll witness coding failures - your own and that of others. You’ll use these failures as teaching moments to continuously improve feature velocity, stability, and quality of the specific code base as well as the overall system.
- You’ll take on projects that are highly ambiguous with lots of unknowns. You’ll use your technical expertise and mental resilience to break them down into manageable, iterative improvements, and guide your own work and that of team members to execute on these plans in a timely manner.
- You’ll provide technical mentorship on projects and to engineers.
- You’ll interact with customers to provide expertise on technical implementation questions. You’ll also work to get customer feedback to inform our architecture and technical designs.
- You’ll champion the Agile methodology. You’ll help set and enforce Engineering procedures in the Agile framework and consistently advocate for and model best practices across the software development lifecycle.
- You’ll report to the Vice President, Engineering in the Provider Admin & KCL Department within the R&D - Engineering Division.
Respect: How You'll Use Your Professional Skills
- You’ll use your 15+ years programming experience and 10+ years architecture and system design experience to:
- Technical depth and breadth in data services to guide the team in the areas of building and operating cloud services, database design, and data ingestion/ETL, among others.
- Help the team solve complex technical design problems.
- Exceed the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers with high quality code and designs, and implementations that are timely and cost effective.
- You’ll use your experience with a range of technologies such as Microservices architecture, Enterprise Service Buses, Distributed Systems, relational databases, NoSQL stores, AWS technologies (e.g., EC2, RDS, Lambda, and Infrastructure-as-code) and front-end technologies (e.g., React, Node, etc) to:
- Design, develop, and deploy scalable and highly-available cloud-native enterprise solutions.
- Provide complete, actionable, timely, and corrective technical feedback to engineers and Agile teams.
- Articulate compelling and inspired technical vision and core technology purpose.
- Create an inclusive and safe environment where team members feel motivated to succeed as well as feel confident to provide you feedback on what you can do to improve the overall effectiveness of technical solutions.
Empowerment: How You'll Know You're Succeeding
- You develop technical strategies, designs, and commit quality code reliably and on time to help the team achieve roadmap goals and customer commitments.
- You anticipate, develop, and evangelize strategies for future requirements and trends.
- You collaborate with Engineering and Product Management to develop technical plans that mitigate risks and achieve our roadmap goals in a timely manner, and when needed demonstrate agility and flexibility in making course corrections based on feedback.
- You share your technical expertise with the broader community by presenting at conferences, writing blog posts, etc. that are relevant and bear fruit for Kyruus.