Software Architect at Acquia
Acquia is the open source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia we believe in the power of community and collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in Boston, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
About the team you will be on…
The architecture team is made up of technology experts that work across all of Acquia’s solutions. The team helps create the technology direction for each of the engineering teams working in collaboration with Product Management, Engineering leaders and industry experts.
As the Software Architect, you will
- Design and develop architectures for software projects based on customer specifications
- Provide support in developing new product lines and upgrading existing products
- Coordinate with product development team in defining project scope and approaches
- Coordinate with software development team in developing and implementing software applications
- Propose most effective architectural solutions to meet cost, quality, schedule and requirements
- Work with project team to design prototypes to validate application functionality
- Assist Managers in analyzing project requirements and project designs
- Participate in design, code and test plan reviews as needed and provide appropriate recommendations
- Analyze software issues and recommend workaround solutions
- Develop best practices to ensure software functionality, usability, reliability and availability
- Respond to client queries and concerns professionally and build positive customer relationships
- Attend industry conferences, meetings, presentations to represent the company
- Assist in development of design documents, white papers, training documents and software architectural documents
- Conduct regular team meetings and one-on-one sessions to share new ideas
You’ll enjoy this role if you…
- Are a self starter who understands the complexity of building software that scale
- Someone who enjoys working cross functionally to deliver value to our customers
- Someone who enjoys a never ending supply of challenges
What you’ll need to be successful…
- Familiarity with principles of domain-driven design, refactoring, and writing clean, maintainable code
- Strong understanding of AWS, GoLang, Microservices, and Kubernetes / Docker.
- Strong understanding of API design,
- Knowledge of software testing best practices (unit, database, integration)
- Experience building and operating service oriented architectures
- Works in collaborative and supportive manner
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Extra credit if you have…
- Languages: GoLang, PHP, Python
- Cloud hosting experience with AWS
- Containerized technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with building or developing with Drupal open source CMS
We are committed to continually strengthening our people-first culture within our Acquia family. Acquia is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment for all. Our highly motivated team features individuals from a multitude of backgrounds who offer their unique perspectives, starting with their first project as a new hire to their 100th as a manager and beyond. For every step in between, we help Acquians grow by promoting a culture of continuous learning through mentorship, knowledge-sharing, feedback, and more.
Thank you for considering Acquia for your next career move, and we look forward to receiving your application. There’s no such thing as the perfect candidate. So, we’re not looking for someone who matches all of our criteria; we’re looking for someone with the potential to grow outward and upward. Regardless of how much of the criteria you meet, you should apply!
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.