Software Architect, Enterprise segment
We’re not your traditional tech company and we don’t aim to be. Going against the grain is in our DNA. Building a revolutionary product begins with revolutionary thinking. That’s why we value diversity background and lived experience. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready* to make a change?
This engineer understands the breadth of Toast’s platform and the needs of restaurant enterprise customers. They partner with Toast’s Product Managers to develop the technology roadmap that enables enterprise customers to leverage the power of Toast. They work closely with technical leaders and implementation teams across the organization to deliver robust, scalable solutions with integrations to customers’ external systems. While the role is primarily internally-facing, it requires infrequent interactions with Enterprise customers, listening to their requirements and providing expert guidance as they deploy Toast.
About this roll*
- Develop an expert understanding of Toast’s Core Platform (menu management, kitchen, publishing, APIs, security, extensibility) and a broad understanding of all Toast’s products.
- Partner with Toast Product Managers to understand the technology needs of enterprise customers - requirements, in-house systems, and integration needs. Map their needs to Toast’s platform and extensibility hooks.
- Work with Product Managers and Technical Leaders to develop an enterprise technology strategy and roadmap. Communicate the technology strategy within Toast.
- Engage hands-on with teams who implement the enterprise roadmap to provide coaching, mentoring, and engineering best practices.
- Develop prototypes of some proposed solutions to evaluate the technical feasibility and fit.
- Provide technical guidance to Toast teams writing technical documentation, solution and architecture documentation, RFPs, RFIs etc.
- If needed, consult with customer IT teams on their adoption of Toast. Provide expertise for a successful rollout.
- Be a strong internal and external advocate for Enterprise customers.
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Strong technologist with 8+ years experience defining and implementing high scale SaaS solutions. Experience with a broad set of technologies that includes those used at Toast - tiered web applications, microservices, mobile, API design patterns, Java, Kotlin, React, data analytics.
- Familiar with integration patterns across high-scale, data-rich enterprise systems.
- Ability to gather and communicate technical requirements.
- Passion for customer success.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a proven track record of building partnerships across engineering, product, customer success, and other stakeholders.
- Excited to shape a growing market segment at Toast. Ability to engage with enterprise customers as needed to understand requirements and technical roadmap.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other supportive program, or commensurate technology industry experience preferred.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required