Site Reliability Engineer at PathAI (Greater Boston Area, MA or Remote)
At PathAI, we're applying Computer Vision and Machine Learning in amazing ways to pathology, healthcare, and detecting cancer and other diseases. We're applying our work to drug development, the clinical space, and as a global health initiative. Since it's the early days for us, there's a lot of work to do and a lot of great products to build, and a well-engineered experience is critical to the success of everything we aspire to do.
We’re looking for existing skilled site reliability engineers and/or skilled software engineers looking to make a transition into the SRE space. Our site reliability engineers are focused on designing, building, and operating our hybrid cloud/on-prem environment using software engineers practice and methodologies.
If you're the right candidate, you'll be exercising all the skills you have and building new ones along the way:
- Advancing the state of our art and operations by practicing the SRE way focusing on users, monitoring and automation.
- Building our fundamental patterns for cloud infrastructure in Amazon Web Services - building in security, reliability and scalability.
- Contributing to architecture and best practices for the applications we deploy to achieve our mission.
- Write software tools and systems to automate, explore and report on our infrastructure.
- Designing, building, and operating our data center for our rapidly growing Machine Learning team
- Integrating our data center with our existing cloud infrastructure to create a seamless hybrid cloud environment
- Improving the reliability and resilience of our infrastructure through root-cause analysis and reviewing gaps in designs and implementations of our infrastructure
Our employees' skills come in all shapes and sizes, but to be successful in this role with us, you'll need:
- 1+ years of software engineering experience
- You have strong software engineering skills that can be applied to both operational tools as well as application design and architecture. SRE is software engineering.
- Automation experience or keen interest in learning: eliminate toil by automating everything through scripting, configuration management tools (Puppet/Chef/Ansible), code, and proper tooling.
- Operations experience or desire to learn it: managing critical production infrastructure and are familiar with incident response, scaling, and rapid growth related challenges.
- Some experience and opinions on virtualization, containerization, or container orchestration platforms.
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- An insatiable intellectual curiosity and the ability to learn quickly in a complex space
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. Your compensation is rounded out by a strong benefits package:
- Flexible work hours, with work-from-home options available
- Three weeks of paid leave per year, an additional two weeks of sick time, plus extended holidays and team-approved leave
- Ten days of 100% subsidized childcare per year
- Healthcare, vision, and dental insurance plans (HMO or PPO), with voluntary add-ons available for dependent care, life, and accident coverage
- Commuter benefit available for public transit or parking
Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll genuinely enjoy spending the day with.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.
PathAI does not accept unsolicited submissions from third-parties.
With the rise of employment phishing scams, especially during the current COVID-19 situation, we ask candidates to be extra vigilant. Be careful about providing any kind of personal information, such as location, age, or financial information to recruiters who may be impersonating PathAI employees. PathAI does not require payment for interviews or for applicants to purchase their own work supplies for reimbursement.