Site Reliability Engineer at Hopper
| Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:59 p.m. (EST) on Wednesday, August 18, 2021
• Deep expertise with GCP and/or AWS
• Experience monitoring services and infrastructure, log collection, analytics, and application performance monitoring (APM)
• Experience using and supporting gRPC, OpenAPI or other frameworks to facilitate micro-service development
• Experience running a mission critical service at scale
• Experience working with configuration, CICD and orchestration technologies (such as Kubernetes, Mesos, Ansible, etc)
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Strong background in Site Reliability Engineering, DevOps, Software Engineering or Systems Engineering
• Worked in Agile delivery teams and environment
• Experience creating automated solutions & eagerness to automate
• Excellent verbal and writing skills and the ability to use influence as effectively as direct control
• Fluency in least one modern programming language (Python, Go, Scala, etc)
• Demonstrated expertise securing public cloud accounts
• Working Knowledge of Terraform, Vault and other DevOps/Service tools
• Experience with managing hosted services/SaaS
• Experience mentoring and training other team members
About the job
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will be focused on the availability, reliability and operational efficiency of Hopper's core production services in the Cloud. We're looking for passionate engineers that enjoy partnering with product development teams to build, deploy and maintain tools and software services for our mobile app customers and SAAS business partners. You will be asked to leverage your understanding of public cloud architecture applied to Hopper's software stack, to design and implement solutions that are secure, scalable and operationally sound. Are you ready to come help architect the future Hopper with us?
Qualifications and background
The perfect candidate will possess the ability to discuss complex technical concepts with a diverse audience across all areas of the organization. They will remain calm under pressure and always strive to add structure to high-pressure, fast paced tasks or projects.
- Collaborate with product development teams to build alignment between cloud, security and application architectures
- Drive solutions that improve our infrastructure capabilities, optimizing for security, cost, and operational simplicity
- Design, implement, and maintain the automation/services that seamlessly spans multiple data centers and cloud providers
- Work with cross organizational teams to develop best-in-breed solutions to complex problems
- Execute on big opportunities, helping Hopper rise to the top of the travel industry
- Participate in on-call rotation and travel as needed
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k
About the team
Our engineering team cares deeply about the growth and success of Hopper, and tries to deliver the best possible experience we can to our more than 40 million users. Work on an award winning product that our customers love and continue to find exceptionally useful in a market and space that is continually growing every year.
More about Hopper
Today, Hopper is best known as a travel app. We're going to do about $1B in sales this year and weathered the COVID storm better than anyone expected. We just raised $170M from Goldman Sachs and Capital One, and inked a deal to be the exclusive travel provider for Capital One Travel.
We owe our success, in large part, to a proprietary suite of data-driven and risk-based financial services that we have developed that complement a customer's trip-purchasing experience. One example is Price Freeze, where our customers are able to purchase a financial option in the app to lock in any price that they see, on any item, for as short as 1 hour or as long as 21 days with Hopper taking the risk on the other side of the trade.
Now we're laying the groundwork for continued expansion in 2021 by adding great people to our team who can help us compete with the travel giants.
Read Full Job Description