Abacus Insights is a mission-driven, growth-stage company that is focused on improving health outcomes, lowering the cost of healthcare, and delivering a more seamless healthcare experience. At our core, we are passionate about advancing healthcare and improving people's lives through technology.
Abacus Insights provides a flexible, efficient, and secure platform that organizes and exchanges data from various sources and formats, allowing healthcare companies to uncover differentiated insights that address their customers' needs. Our employees know that they play an active role in keeping our customers data safe and are responsible for ensuring that our comprehensive policies and practices are met.
With our deep expertise in cloud-enabled technologies and knowledge of the healthcare industry, we have built an innovative data integration and management platform that allows healthcare payers access to data that has been historically siloed and inaccessible. Through our platform, these health insurance payers can ingest and manage all the data they need to transform their business by supporting their analytical, operational, and financial needs.
Through this mission and passion to aid people and population health, we have built a highly successful SaaS business that is heavily funded (since our founding in 2017 we have over 53 million) by leading VC firms who have deep expertise in the healthcare and technology industries. At Abacus, we are solving problems of massive scale and complexity in an industry that is not only ripe for disruption but requires innovation. We see massive growth in our future and would love for you to be a part of it!
Our Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team is looking to bring on an experienced Site Reliability Engineer. If you are interested in being a member of a growing team that is absolutely critical to the overall success of our company, this is a position for you. Our SRE team is responsible for all of our customer environment’s and helping to operate our platform with a software engineering focus. Our SRE team is responsible for the customer perception of the Abacus platform and how available and responsive it is to our customers. As a member of this team you will be exposed to every area of our platform and AWS services (Serverless - Lambda, EKS - Kubernetes, etc.) but even more so, help drive the evolution of the product and team as we continue to grow rapidly.
- Help drive the overall success of the SRE team through identification, design, and implementation of internal process improvement, technical delivery, and product performance.
- Optimizing data delivery, designing or re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, availability, and reliability.
- Become an expert in AWS and other cloud service providers (currently we deploy on AWS but who knows what the future holds)
- Deploy our infrastructure with Terraform and Kubernetes.
- Document actions so your findings turn into repeatable actions which then we can automate
- Help make the deployment process predictably predictable through proactive thinking, persistence, promoting best practices, and cross team collaboration with our technical and non-technical teams
- Consult on architecture to separate sensitive healthcare data among multiple customers in a multi-tenant environment
What you bring to the Abacus Team:
- In-depth AWS knowledge
- Experience with Terraform or other related technologies.
- Strong programming skills
- Experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience documenting so you don’t have to learn the same things over and over.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Experience or knowledge of Kubernetes
Equal Opportunity Employer:
As a mission-led technology company that is helping to drive better healthcare outcomes, Abacus Insights believes that the best innovation and value we can bring to our customers comes from diverse ideas, thoughts, experiences, and perspectives. We are dedicated to building diverse teams, and as such provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. As well as prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.