Site Reliability Engineer at Nuance
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Nuance's Healthcare division is looking for a Site Reliability Engineering role who has development experience in Public cloud environments. This engineer will join the Site Reliability Engineer team to help deliver Nuance’s Healthcare solutions in the public cloud using latest and greatest cloud technologies. The role will be in the Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team, working hand in hand with other SRE engineers and SRE architect to build new and maintain multiple existing data centers, create automated cloud deployments using Azure Devops, configure monitoring, logging, networking, etc.
- Join the SRE team to build multiple new Azure Cloud data centers around the world.
- Work with SRE architect and data scientists to define infrastructure requirements and design architecture to ensure the infrastructure meets performance and capacity requirements.
- Implement best practices promoting service availability/reliability and fault tolerance.
- Collaborate with Software development teams to ensure best practices are part of the software development design.
- Design, implements, and maintain monitoring tools & mechanism to ensure high availability, latency, and overall system health.
- Design and implement innovations that improve service reliability, infrastructure resiliency and security, and availability.
- Serve as subject matter related to the service operations and second level of escalation for any issues in the Azure cloud data centers.
- Troubleshoot and provide root cause analysis for issues spanning code, network, database, and system components.
- Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for secure.
- Develop and automate cloud deployment, post deployment validation, and other operational activities. (i.e. Continuous delivery pipeline).
- Design and automate emergency recovery procedures and other tool sets to reduce manual work.
- Collaborate with Product and software development teams to define Service level Agreements (SLAs), Objectives (SLOs), and indictors (SLIs).
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to other members of SRE
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Bachelor degree in computer science, information sciences or related field or equivalent experience
- 2+ years proven development skills in one or more programming languages (e.g. Python, Java, .net C#, etc)
- Experience in software development or Technical Quality Assurance or System/Network Administrative or Technical support who seeks to learn and expand their experience into the SRE role.
- Experience in software development, automation, infrastructure as code.
- Experience in support of distributed systems with Linux & Windows knowledge.
- Experience in a role with hands on complex Technical Problem Solving as a daily duty.
- Ability to operate in the fast pace environment
- Self-motivated & willing to learn
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Be curious and ask questions
- Knowledge of administrative tools and protocols
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as Code tools such as Azure ARM Templating or Terraform
- Knowledge of Configuration Management tools such as SaltStack, Puppet or Ansible
- Understanding and experience in cloud infrastructure and platforms, such as Azure
- Agile development experience/understanding
- Python /PowerShell or other scripting experience
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communications, Inc. (“Nuance”) is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.