Site Reliability Engineer
What You'll Do
- Run and stabilize Kensho’s production services that support critical financial applications and backend processes.
- Monitor, maintain and help scale services that are integrated into S&P’s platform.
- Manage end-to-end availability and performance of critical services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence. Add, tune and maintain alert configurations and documentation as needed.
- Design and build advanced automated operational and deployment frameworks alongside tooling and infrastructure to help engineering teams measure and increase their velocity.
- Cultivate full-team participation in high quality, thoughtful software.
- Participate in on-call / production support rotation as required.
What We Look For
- 3+ years of experience
- Have experience developing/building a scalable application in Python, Go or other modern programming languages.
- Experience engineering and supporting production services in a modern, containerized cloud environment
- Expertise in scalable testing, automation, continuous integration frameworks and best practices
- Desire to build a strong, operationally minded engineering culture
- Practical understanding of algorithms, data structures, and design patterns
- Advocate best practices for documentation, communication, testing and configuration
- Thoughtful and collaborative code reviewer and teammate
How To Really Get Our Attention
- Major technical contributor at a top 10 software company
- Your open source projects show innovation and initiative
- Experience with supporting a high throughput production platform
- Research, publications, and patents
Technologies We Like
- Kubernetes, HAProxy, Jenkins, Git, Docker
- Prometheus, AlertManager, Kibana, Grafana
- Elasticsearch, Postgres, Kafka
Benefits & Perks
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance - 100% company paid premiums
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 18 weeks of 100% paid Parental Leave (paternity and maternity)
- 401(k) plan with 6% employer matching
- Generous company matching on donations to non-profit charities
- Up to $20,000 tuition assistance
- Plentiful snacks, drinks, and regularly catered lunches
- Dog-friendly office (CAM office)
- In-office gyms and showers (CAM, DC) or Equinox membership (LA, NYC)
- Stipend towards commuter or gym reimbursement
- Bike sharing program memberships
- Compassion leave and elder care leave
- Mentoring and additional learning opportunities
- Opportunity to expand professional network and participate in conferences and events